Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference Kids

Ready and waiting for conference to begin so they could start filling out their BINGO games--a special prize handed out in primary last week. Believe me, they have been dying to use them ALL week. And then lost interest after exactly 1 talk (but at least Elder Eyring helped them fill-in plenty of spaces.)


This drooling darling slept for 90% of both sessions today (and is sleeping again now.) Poor thing came down with quite a cough on Thursday night. She's still such a sweetie and as happy as can be even though she's sick. In fact, you'd hardly know she's unwell--unless you are her mom and dad and get to wake up with her at precisely 3:00 am for a full-blown coughing fit. Those things scare me half to death...

And then there's General Conference itself. There is too much to say and my heart is full to brimming. What a glorious gift that is each fall and each spring. I felt like the very things I am trying so hard to do, to understand, to change, and to embrace were all discussed. At length even.

And because my sweet kids were so anxious and ready for conference to begin we just so happened to turn on the TV early and catch the very end of the Tabernacle Choir broadcast. The choir sang Come Thou Fount--a hymn I truly love. It was the perfect thing to hear this morning and opened my heart right up. I loved our conference weekend.

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

Oh well, one talk (of BINGO interest) is better than nothing. It is a feast, isn't it? It always seems so personally directed and uplifting. It is a blessing, indeed.

Heidi said...

I like the autumn background!

Max has come down with a serious cough/runny nose too (also starting Thursday!). I kind of forgot how wearing it is to wake up in the night with a baby.

The messages shared at conference always are perfect, for each person.

Anonymous said...

You don't know how happy it makes me feel to know that they actually USED the Bingo cards!!! Yeah! That means that at least something got through in that sharing time, right??? I laminated mine, so hopefully we can reuse them yearly. It takes awhile for kids to get the conference thing, but like Elder Bednar said--consistency, consistency!

Anonymous said...

I took so much away from this conference and I know that I have much to work on.

Those kiddos look so cute with their bingo cards. It is hard to keep attention for long but one talk for a little kid is a big step. They will get better at sitting longer as they get older. But the important thing is that you place emphasis for your family on watching as much as possible because it is the right thing to do. They are learning that valuable lesson from you right now as they see you sit and listen.

Only 18 months until Eth gets to attend Priesthood with Chad...