Sunday, October 18, 2009

8 Months

oh this face makes me laugh--classic Olivia :)

We went to regional conference early today (at 10:00 am instead of 1:00 pm) over at my sister's stake center. I am not a glutton for punishment--if I don't have to ruin miss Olivia's nap time for church meetings I am certainly not going to. And she's been napping soundly for 2 hours already...sweet little baby...who is supposed to be the focus of this entry. Today she is 8 months old. I thought I'd just wait to post another big update on her next month--after the 9 month weigh in--but she has suddenly turned into this "big girl" in so many ways and I wanted to document more on our beautiful blue-eyed Livvie Lous.



1) Our family favorite is Livvie's constant jabbering. "Dada" is repeated about a hundred times a day but she throws in a "baba" and some "mum-mums" here and there. Her voice is usually super high pitched and we get a kick out of hearing her (check out the video at the end...)

2) She is also getting really good at sitting up which seems like such a huge accomplishment to me and yet she has 3 cousins just one month older who have been doing that for ages and are all proficient crawlers by now. Our Livs is taking her time and just as happy as can be to hang out and entertain herself in one spot. She can wait as long as she wants to start getting mobile if you ask me...

3) Olivia loves her brother and sister. And especially loves funny Bentley. Somehow that boy knows all the right things to make her laugh and squeal with delight. I love that this 3rd baby just adores having siblings around and enjoys them talking to her and helping her play with toys. The other day Olivia woke up from her nap and so I sent the kids in to her room to open the shutters and say hello while I fixed her a bottle. When I went to find them, all 3 of them were in the crib laying by each other! How a 5 year old fits in that bed is beyond me but it was just too funny how happy my darlings were to all snuggle up in the baby's bed together.

4) Olivia's first tooth popped through last week. And that seems to be the official signal that my baby is no longer a baby. Well--she is but she's not a tiny one anymore. We just love her so much--such a sweet little soul in our home.



Caroline's cameo is pretty funny. Just look at how Livs "loves" that tight hug from her big sis...

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow that little miss does seem to have grown up a ton in the last little bit. I can't believe all her chattering.

I love Olivia's reaction to Cares hug- too funny of sisters!

I wish you had a photo of Beans, Cares and Olivia all in the crib!

Mariposa said...

such a sweet baby...can't wait for fincher to babble.

cares reminded me so much of tillie in that video. i love our little girlies!

Anonymous said...

She is such a talker in that video! It inspires me to do the same thing. And I really was planning on posting about Connor since he is 9 months. Better get on that before he is 10 months...

Love that little Livvy that isn't so little. And love that Caroline and her show-stealing appearances. She is too cute.

Heidi said...

Yeah tell Cec we need new photos of Connor on her blog too!

So I just showed this video to Max and he loved it but mostly for the "punkin" in the background. I did try to get him to say Livies though and he now calls her "Ivs"

Krista said...

oh cuteness. I love the babble. She's getting too big. Tell her to stop.

Bobbi said...

She is such a cutie. Love the pictures of your growing baby girl.

Heidi C said...

That was great entertainment for my 22 mon. Sophie, she had a great time talking back to your Livie. Thanks for sharing!