Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Two Dollar Tuesday

Thanksgiving Point offers this special during the month of August--where any venue is just 2 dollars for admission. My sis and I heard about it last year and decided we'd try it out this year when all the big kids would be back in school (wish I'd read this article before heading down south.)

Oh dear...I wish I could offer some words of warning but alas, the month is up and I cannot save anyone the hassle of dealing with about a million people in a rather small space. Seriously, there were way too many people with the same idea yesterday. I can deal with huge crowds when I am mentally prepared--somewhere like Disneyland or Nordstrom during the anniversary sale ;) But I was not expecting traffic jams, zero parking, and lines for the Dinosaur museum wrapped around the entire building. I am not that eager to see some old bones. We ended up at Farm Country and that was our only stop. Cares and Maddie had a great time feeding the animals--they have no fear. But my Bentley was not going to let those goats and horses anywhere near his hands--it was funny to see him dash away anytime they got close. He must be more of an animal observer...





6 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

$2 Tuesday last year was one of the worst afternoons of my life. Seriously, worse that labor.

We will never ever ever ever go there again during the discount days. Never.

Everyone I have spoken to who has gone feels the same way.

Heidi said...

Connor and Liv's are practically one of the big kids now.

We are sorry to miss out on time with you guys but I don't think we are too sorry to have missed out on the craziness!

Anonymous said...

Crazy. Just crazy. I will never ever ever ever go again on two-dollar Tuesday because no price is worth that much chaos.

But we did like being with you guys! And it is a funny memory. Wait, maybe not super funny yet but in time it will be.

Bobbi said...

Too bad abut the madhouse--but cute pictures of cute kids!

ba and the boys said...

kristin-i was about to say the same thing. once you do it-you will NEVER do it again.
and i have big issues with other peoples kids (that i dont know)running all around and being near me. yuck.

Mariposa said...

beans...a man after my own heart. For christmas, seth and i will splurge and get him a big bottle of anti-bacterial wipes!