Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's Coming

We can feel it. And we are ready...I think...Ready for the fall. Here's how we know it's coming:

MONDAY: Joseph and I had a date night with Krista to see The Scarlet Pimpernel at Hale Center Theatre. Krista didn't have a hubby to accompany her because he is already in Chicago setting up their new home and gearing up for grad school. I knew they were moving at the end of the summer but now I am fully realizing that Monday was the last time I'll see her for ages--I will miss her! (and her cheeky hubby :)

TUESDAY: I had faculty meeting up the U of U in preparation for classes starting next week.

WEDNESDAY: Jam day with my sisters and mom--storing up all the lovely produce from the summer to eat on our warm toast in the coming months. And Bentley's first soccer practice of the season. He arrived decked out in his shin and ankle guards, new cleats, and authentic Brazilian soccer jersey from his aunt Luci. He looked darling I tell you, but don't let him know he looked anything other than "cool."

THURSDAY: Back to School Night at Bentley's new school. Need I say more?

Am I really ready for the fall and the absolute craziness that will ensue? What will be so crazy, you may ask? As a mom of still very young children it won't really be that bad. Just ask my big sister who lives and breathes "busy" with her family of 4...

For us, fall will bring a lot of new additions to our schedule. Up until now we have kept things fairly free and easy--some preschool, some tee-ball and some teaching on my part. We have had time for play-dates, errands and outings basically whenever we wanted. But all too soon we will add Kindergarten 5 days a week, joy school for Caroline once a week as well as dance, and soccer for Bentley. And now that we have a newborn again we are back on a strict napping schedule. I wonder when we will find time to enjoy our favorites like Gardner Village and Discovery Gateway--but we will try!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, this is what I felt like the fall after we moved here! I had a baby Livvy's age and we started soccer for Eth and for Will and Eth went to full-day school and Will started pre-school two days a week. I was a bit overwhelmed. I loved the life of staying home all day in our pjs if we wanted. That just isn't the case now (I won't even go into my crazy evening tonight that included Back-to-school night with all the kiddos since Chad was sick). I am busy but I can't remember how I got here! I look at Heidi's stage and miss it, even though there are great things about having older kids that are involved in such cool and necessary things. Life keeps moving forward too quickly.

I can't believe fall is almost here either. I do hope we can figure out how to get to our favorite haunts on our wild schedules...

Heidi said...

I love back to school time but I have to say I really love the simplicity of the stage I am in too.

I want to see a picture of Beans in his soccer uniform.

I am hoping to come out for a week at the end of October, I have never been to Gardner Village- any chance you guys would wait for me to go?

Maggie said...

We are feeling the pull of Autumn as well. This really is my favorite time of year. I love the busyness of it! HB to Joe. I'm sad that we didn't see you guys on his birthday. I'm so glad though that we got to see you guys a few times while we were there.

ba and the boys said...

so with you going back to school (when do you have time for that) does that mean you get new clothes? if so-im going to sign me up!

Bobbi said...

Not just fall is starting, but for your growing (and growing up) family the world of schedules is beginning, too. It's a different stage, for sure. Good luck to all of you!

Em said...

Fall is great.

Joseph said...

Another good clue that fall is coming is that it generally starts in September which is just over a week away. Just saying...