Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mini Cougars

Our took our annual visit to BYU on Monday. We visited the Museum of Art for the Walter Wick exhibit (photographer for all the I Spy children's books) and then the bookstore for BYU gear: a hat for Bentley, a cheerleading dress for Cares (oh boy--why do I indulge her so?) a t-shirt for me and a prize we are saving for Joseph's birthday next week.


So much BYU offspring! My sisters and I married boys we met while going to school there. Results in lots of little cougar fans :)

For the record, I heart BYU. I spent 4 years of my life roaming that campus. I can't help but think of the days when Joseph and I were falling in love and then giddy little newlyweds when I walk those same halls and cross the same sidewalks. Many a day I left class down at the RB and trucked up the steep stairs and over to the Wilk to find Joseph (at his office up at Campus Life--did he ever go to class? I swear he was always there...) so we could eat lunch and work on the crossword puzzle in the newspaper together. We were/are such nerds :) Such a happy place, that campus. The first year of our marriage Joseph and I both worked 16 hours a week on campus, took at least 15 hours of class each semester, and he was in his first year of singing and performing with Vocal Point while I was dancing and performing with Dancensemble. We arrived on campus at 7:00 am every single morning and usually left for home around 9:00 pm--meaning we spent the whole day at school. It was wearing and so much work but we loved every minute of it. Except that 6:30 wake up call each day--I could've done without that...OK--enough of that journey down memory lane...

3 comments:

Heidi said...

HUrray for mini cougars! I never really think of BYU as a romantic place since I didn't meet Ben until I was almost done, but you are right it did work for all us Smith girls.

Krista said...

ahh I love it. What about your late nights at byu with joseph? I think you forgot that part down memory lane. ;)

Anonymous said...

What a cute bunch of Cougars. Tutu would love to know that we have that tradition with our kiddos still.

BYU is a great place and I am so glad my kids get excited about our annual trip to the campus. And I am glad they like going to the football games. Maybe one of the grand kids will play for them someday!