Friday, August 28, 2009

To My Kindergarten Boy



Dearest Bentley--

The day has arrived for you to start Kindergarten! And I am so excited for you. What a new adventure for you to be in elementary school. I cannot believe the years have flown by so quickly. I always think of you as my little boy and suddenly you are so grown up! I have to admit that it will be hard for me to let you go to school every day of the week when I have been so used to your company. Once you made me a mommy we started doing everything together--grocery runs, mall visits, lunching with daddy, playing with cousins, and all sorts of errands. That is the lucky thing about an oldest child--you and I had so many fun times together as a pair. And I am so used to you being around to entertain your sisters, ask me a hundred and one questions about how the world works, and get me laughing with your bright, happy moon eyes and silly boy humor. The girls and I will miss you while you are gone each day--so know we are thinking about you and very eager to hear all about the things you learn.

You sweet daddy gave you a special father's blessing last night. He blessed you to make new friends, to be able to listen well and understand what your teacher asks of you, to learn many new things as you work hard, and to share your growing knowledge with your little sisters and be a good example to them throughout your life. You were very still and listened intently as your daddy blessed you. And you remembered well what he said--telling me you were very excited to make new friends just like in your blessing. I love you so very much my darling boy! I hope you have a wonderful year and enjoy this amazing new adventure. I will be waiting for you every day and can't wait to hear all about it--

Lots of love--

Mommy


after our sweaty walk home from school this afternoon :)


6 comments:

Joseph said...

Babe, good post. That made me cry... just a little. He really is growing up so big! I love him.

Heidi said...

Wait I still remember being at a BYU baseball game and mom calling to tell me he had been born- how did this happen?!! What a sweet Bean. I am glad he counts Max as one of his "friends" and is a good example to him too.

Anonymous said...

Umm, tears here as well. Beautifully written. How can Bean really be this old? It seems like yesterday that we were playing with him as a newborn.

He looks so cute and grown-up in his uniform!

Maggie said...

hooray for Bentley. I still remember meeting him for the first time at Lake Powell. He is so sweet and I'm sure will be the smartest in his class.

Stacey said...

Congrats to Bentley, growing up so fast! I hope he had fun at school. He will do great.

Bobbi said...

Darling Bentley off to school--how can it have gone so quickly? A beautiful post, Carrie, I cried, too. He is a lucky boy to be so loved.