Monday, August 3, 2009

Lake Powell

I just finished another load of laundry from our trip. The 7th to be exact. Ahhh--the work that ensues after so much playing--but it is so worth it. And boy did we have a ball at the lake this summer! Bentley was a fish, Cares a tiny poser and Olivia an angel baby. There was endless swimming--honestly endless. My kids LOVE the water. There was also some tubing, water skiing on perfect morning glass, boating in the Malibu, sea-doo riding, exploring, game playing, of course "a little art" for the kids, a fire, s'mores, and professional fireworks from our neighbors every night. And all of this against the stunning backdrop of red rock, clear water and bright blue skies. 300 pictures later, here's our vaca in a nutshell: (think of a rather large nutshell...)

Playing off the back of the houseboat
(can you see my dad in the background on his power swim out to the rock?)

Livie's first year at the lake!
She just wanted to gnaw on something, anything really, and she was happy :)

Cares and Ben kicking it in the tube

One of Bentley's daily rides with Marshall

Cuddly cousins before bed

Pajama sandwich.
I think my kids really love each other.

Mini hikers. Joseph calls them our European tourists in this pic :)

My Bentley--always happy to go for a swim

LeBaron family tube ride

Happy boating baby

Super Dad wrangling all 3 kids

My little sis and me

Love this view

And this one of Captain Max...

Around the campfire once all the babes were asleep

My parents cooking up s'mores

My hubby spent some time playing with the Nikon in the night vision setting.
Not too shabby...

Here's another during our nightly fireworks show.

With my sweet little girls.

Bentley cuddling Olivia


Grandpa Sherm on the sea-doo...

...towing around these crazies!

Self-portrait off the back deck.
I love how Bentley posed in it with me :)

Our Lake Powell crew 2009
Tye and Stacey--are you in for 2010? We missed you.

One last LP sunset. I love it there.


4 comments:

Bobbi said...

Great photos, Carrie! I need some of these. Love your self portrait and the night pictures. We had a wonderful time with you!

Krista said...

these pics make me excited to go to powell. What a great time for you guys. I think it might just be sisi and I headed out...johnny may have to work. boo.

Heidi said...

ha ha ha I love the European tourists!

Can we go back? O wait, maybe I'm not quite ready to go back... but we do love it there!

Anonymous said...

So many great pictures...love them all! And your kids are great posers. Even Livvy seems to know when to smile.

Don't you love the crazy amount of laundry from that trip? Yikes!