Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Zoobilee Zoo

Does anyone remember that way random children's TV show--Zoobilee Zoo? I can still sing part of the opening theme song..."magic and wonder awaiting for you. It's as close as a dream and as bright as the brightest blue. See you in Zoobilee Zoo!"

Sorry for the rambling. It was inspired by our trip to the zoo yesterday. Bentley's preschool class met up for a fieldtrip and since Heidi and Max were in town they grabbed my mom and joined us too.


It was a lovely, crisp but sunny spring day over at Hogle Zoo. And not very busy--plenty of room to view the Asian cats and huge elephants, rugged rhinos and regal giraffes (the giraffes were surprisingly beautiful to me yesterday...something about their coloring and the cool patterns covering their bodies...)

We hung out with my famliy as well as our friends the Barnes. We gathered the kids together on the bronze cats for a classic zoo photo :)

Curious kids examining the pompous peacocks

I love these pics (and Bentley's put-out expression...) I know I have my own versions hidden away somewhere--my mom used to take us to Hogle Zoo often as little kids




5 comments:

Heidi said...

Zoobilee Zoo! I had forgotten about that.

Thanks for the invite sis.

Oh and of course Olivia will be Max's buddy too. I actually think Connor and Liv's will be besties and they will occasionally need to allow Max into their circle!

Anonymous said...

Funny that you remember that song!

Looks like a fun adventure...sorry to have missed out. We will take you up on the offer next time (when I am not recovering from hosting a huge event at my house the day before).

ba and the boys said...

i have no idea what the zoobilee zoo is. must be a local thing...

Krista said...

fun zoo. Don't know that song...I like how cares and beans are trying to measure up to the gorilla.

Bobbi said...

Thanks, too, for the invitation. I loved being there with you guys. It certainly brings back memories of taking you and your siblings there many times years ago!