Sunday, May 24, 2009

Caroline is 3

Happy Birthday Caresie!

Oh man, someday she will hate me for posting this kind of picture...but isn't she cute? She had been awake for about 30 seconds.

Bentley was almost as excited as Caroline today!

Ready for our little birthday walk this evening (between thunderstorms)

My sweet Caroline is growing right up! She is such a little diva these days--which can be fun and quite amusing but can also be quite taxing on this mama. Caroline loves to play dress-ups, wear make-up and nail polish, take care of her baby dolls, cuddle her growing brood of stuffed animals, dance and skip and spin all around the house and shop with "the girls" (Olivia and me).

She is the chattiest little soul I have ever met which makes her great company when we run errands together. I love her little voice and all the endearing things she says. Today she was sitting up on the counter face to face with me and I was telling her how much I loved her and how happy I was that she came to our family 3 years ago. Of course I got a little teary-eyed while talking to her and then pulled her into a tight hug. Then Cares pulled back and looked right into my eyes and said "Keep talking about me Mom--I like seeing you cry." She was completely serious and it totally cracked me up. I really do love her so much. She brings so much personality into our family and is a great playmate for Bentley. Happy birthday to my beautiful little girl!

Showing off her dancing skills in her new leg warmers


5 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute cute Caresie. I am glad she inherited my three year old voice! Love that sweet girl

Krista said...

yay! cute little leg warmers. We love you caresie! Happy birthday!

Kristin Sokol said...

Adorable. Love the sweet mom description, she'll treasure it even more when she gets older.

Let's get our cuties together to play.

Charlotte said...

So glad you're enjoying your children. They'll treasure reading your descriptions of them as they grow. Loved seeing you and all of yours a couple weeks ago. Love, Auntie

Bobbi said...

We love little Caroline! Her voice is charming, her smiles adorable, her comments hilarious, and her vivacity wonderful. I love her curls and her funniness and her hugs. How fortunate we all are to have her in our family. Happy 3 years old, sweet granddaughter!