Monday, May 11, 2009

Pictures Too

Mother's Day 2009

Joseph and his mom, Ruth Ann


my mom with her 2 oldest grandchildren

Olivia and Grandpa Sherm--
she took quite the cozy nap snuggled up in his arms soon after I took this picture


I have to add that I am grateful beyond description for my own 3 children and that they are teaching me all about this job of motherhood. I honestly never knew that my heart could hold so much love for those little darlings my hubby and I created. They are beautiful and funny and wild and smart and very cuddly (even Bentley with his long legs that just keep growing and growing) Oh, to think about my feelings for them is almost too much--they are my whole world.

And I'm grateful for my partner in crime, the incredible Joseph. He takes such good care of us and spoils me in particular in a hundred and one ways. I love that he and I get to share in the role of parenthood.

It was a good mother's day.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I can't even write about my Mother's Day. I get too emotional thinking about that role. I love it and the one that made me a mom!

Anonymous said...

Like Heid, I get so emotional when I think about the blessing it is to have my sweet children. I am so grateful to be a mother.

Happy Mother's Day sis!

Maggie said...

Cute pictures. Your basement looks great. I can't wait to see it in person one of these days. Miss you guys!

Bobbi said...

Being a mother is life-changing, immense, hard, and wonderful. I know you are all enjoying your little ones and parenting them so well. When your precious little ones pass their teens and are grown-ups, you will find them to be interesting, talented, dear friends in your lives. I am deeply grateful for all of you in my life.

Em said...

great pictures