Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Away


I spent Thursday through Sunday on a little getaway with the Smith girls (2 sisters, 1 sister-in-law and 1 mom...oh, and 2 darling babies :) We met up in St George and just hung out together--meaning we ate out, laid out, shopped, talked, laughed, and had a ball. Can you tell from the picture that we had fun being totally laid back and silly together? It is always so nice to take time away from the daily grind--I was honestly in heaven just getting the chance to eat my own dinner, get ready each day, nap with Olivia and visit with my family without wrangling small kids and managing their fighting. Ahhhhh...so peaceful.

Today has been a bit of shell-shock. Okay--a lot of shell-shock. Caroline and Bentley have been at each other's throats all day. And Beans even had preschool this morning. And Caroline has been a basket-case--crying and whining and defiant. I am totally paying for my time away. At least Olivia is still sweet and sleeping like a champ--and all because she got to come with me. Lucky girl!

Here's a peek at our weekend:


Connor and Olivia--babies on the go (notice my mom's hand feeding my girl--she reluctantly drank some bottles on our trip...for anyone but me!)


Heidi and me showing off sassy shoes and sloppy feet
(sadly we didn't have quite enough time to fit pedicures in too )

dinner at Cafe Rio

To the girls: Thanks for a lovely weekend away. I love you all!


4 comments:

Heidi said...

I am still wondering how I was childless yet didn't fit in a single nap, hardly exercised, and no pedi! It was way too short of a weekend. But I loved every second of having time with you guys.

Bobbi said...

It was a good week-end. I love you girls, and enjoy chatting, laughing, and shopping with you. And love holding those adorable tiny ones!

Anonymous said...

It was a great weekend. WAY TOO SHORT!!! But at least we got in some pool time and exercise and girly movies and shopping and some laughs. So fun!

ba and the boys said...

aaahhhh...a girls time out. looks lovely!