Friday, May 8, 2009

Almost Done

We are nearing the end of construction...thank goodness. If I come home to a fresh layer of dust ALL over my house one more time, I may have a break down. Yesterday the kids begged to help me clean the kitchen floor and so I obligingly let them...I am such a nice mom...

The painting is done and it looks so good. I could go downstairs just to admire it 10 times a day--it makes all the difference in making the space look finished. It's too bad that my pictures don't quite capture the real tones in the colored rooms but that just means you'll have to come over and see things for yourself!

view from the bottom of the stairs

Bentley's blue room

new tile on the bathroom floor

new laminate floor in the office
(haha--I cleaned half of it and then got lazy :)

the big brown great room

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can smell the newness!!! How fun!!! It looks great!

Heidi said...

Exciting exciting! We can't wait to come play in it this summer and maybe sleepover!

Bobbi said...

It looks great! The brown is a pleasant color in the family room. This will be endless fun for you!

Krista said...

it's looking so awesome. you must be so excited.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Bentley's "elephant" color is great!

I will be up to see it soon...

Catherine said...

It looks so good! I know it doesn't seem like it to you, but following it along on your blog seems like it went really fast. Can't wait for it to be done for you.