Monday, March 30, 2009

4 Things...

...I am diggin' of late:

1) Grey's Anatomy
The most recent episodes have been good. Really good. And they needed to be or I was going to give it up altogether. I am hoping it will continue in its redemptive streak because it used to be such good TV drama--I mean seasons 1 and 2 are pretty amazing (and I own them on DVD if anyone wants to borrow them...and then discuss the fated love of Meredith and Derrick).

2) Harmon's
My new favorite luxury--curb-side pick-up. For some reason my grocery days the past few weeks have continually coincided with lovely spring blizzards. I usually shop with the little girls while Bentley is at school so that makes things easier but loading and unloading 2 children and all my groceries in the snow is no fun. So, I love Harmons for saving me that hassle. Oh, and they have incredible costumer service if one happens to drop her wedding ring down a cooling grate in the strawberry display over in produce. I hear they will help out right away and dismantle the thing to retreive it while she continues to shop...

3) No knead bread
My mother-in-law gave me the homemade recipe for this bread which tastes just like the yummy European style loaves they sell at the grocery store. We had some last night and it really is tasty. I am going to make some for tomorrow's dinner but start on it tonight since it takes about 14 hours to rise. I'll post the recipe if things work out right :)

4) This SNL skit
Watch it--it's so ugly you will be crying. Anything with Justin Timberlake in kitten heels and a leotard is bound to be funny...

9 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

Love this post. I love random blog posts, they're my favorite.

Heidi said...

Recipe please!!

That curb side pic up thing sounds like a lifesaver, what a great idea.

I tried to get into Grey's again a few weeks ago and all I remember is awkward lesbian love.

Carrie said...

I know Heid--the lesbian stuff was a big flop with me too (one of the reasons why I was thinking of letting it go...)

Heidi said...

I love JT on SNL!

Angela Jensen said...

Love all those too! Except the Harmon's thing I guess. Are you talking about that dutch oven bread? Isn't that like the best kept secret ever?! I found that a couple of years ago. Changed my life.

Anonymous said...

I think Justin Timberlake has been in the wrong profession all this time...he should be his own back-up dancer. And he is hilarious as an actor. Love it!

I am a Harmon's girl too. Their service is unbeatable and I am a huge fan of the Drive and Load. I went into Smith's a few months ago for something and I felt like I was surrounded by gangsta and white trash people everywhere! So rude of me, I know but I never feel that way at Harmon's.

ba and the boys said...

harmons is the bomb! i love their service and bread! and when you are preggie they usually have spots for you to park in!
so lets have the bread receipe from your momma! i love bread...
and i dont like jt UNLESS he is on snl. then he is hysterical!

Emilee said...

Hi Carrie! I found your blog from Kristin's. I can't tell you how happy I am to find another Grey's fan. I too was a little stressed at the beginning of this season becuase of the awkward lesbian love stories, but the show has been awesome lateley. Who writes those episodes--brilliant I say!

Em said...

I love Gray Anatomy. How is your sweet baby?