Sunday, March 22, 2009

Just a Case of...

...mastitis--the arch enemy of nursing mothers. So so lame, but at least I got on antibiotics quickly and things are already feeling a little bit better. I think I am personally keeping my neighborhood pharmacy in business this month!

On Friday afternoon I was getting ready for a date night with my hubby and the kids were hanging out in the bathroom with me:

Bentley: Mom, what are you doing?
Me: Putting on some make-up.
Bentley: Why do you wear it?
Me: So I can look pretty for Daddy.
Bentley: But you already look pretty.

500 gold stars for Bentley. He made my day and I couldn't help but squeeze that little guy in a tight hug and shower him with kisses. Come to think of it, Joseph should get on that bandwagon too :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you called Dad to get the antibiotics so quickly. No use suffering longer than needed!

I loved the pedicures yesterday because it was you and me and no kids to distract us. Next time it will be more relaxing and faster service, I hope! But I am glad we snuck away for a few moments. Let's do it again soon.

Anonymous said...

And good for Bentley to speak the truth aloud. You are pretty.

Carol said...

Sorry about the infection. I have never had one, but I hear they are miserable. Aren't you grateful for antibiotics? They really are a miracle.

Heidi said...

Boo on mastitis and hurray for sweet comments from Bean- he is so right! What did you do on your date?!

Krista said...

ouch! I'm so sorry. I think I'd throw in the towel if I got that! And beans is sooo cute and you are soooo pretty as always.

Kristin Sokol said...

What a sweetie boy. You are pretty, with or with out makeup. I'd kill to have dark features like you.

Bobbi said...

I hope you heal quickly, mastitis is painful. What a sweet boy Bentley is. Being the beloved mother of adoring little children is, despite all the work, such a joy. They make you feel wonderful.

ba and the boys said...

nate says that to me too...it is nice to hear it from someone so innocent.
sorry about your breast (did i embarrass anyone by writing that? i hope so!). i hear that is painful.