Thursday, March 5, 2009

2 Weeks Old



Olivia saw her doctor for the first time today and he informed me that she is indeed "just perfect" (just like I thought :) My tiny girl has actually grown a lot in 2 weeks--she is now just over 21 inches long (2 inches added in 2 weeks!) and weighs 8 lbs and 1 oz. So, she is still a little featherweight but she nurses like a champ so I'll see if I can fatten her up in the coming weeks.

I took all 3 kids to the appointment today and Bentley and Caroline were quite fascinated with the whole process of checking Olivia. Our fabulous pediatrician let both of them check her eyes after he had and then listen to her heart with his stethoscope (he is the father of 4--almost 5--and so amazing with kids. Yay for good doctors!)

And that was what we did today. When we got home I fed all 3 kiddos and then laid all of us down for some much needed napping. It felt so so good to catch 30 minutes of sleep.

4 comments:

Krista said...

what a sweet little pic of her. I like our dr too. :) I also love the sweet pink little border around that pic. That was planned right? Because it looks so darn cute.

Heidi said...

Every minute helps! I Love that your doctor let the kiddos help. Olivia is such a sweet tiny cuddlebug!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Dr. Johnson! He really is the best.

Glad you got a little rest today. Was Twyla glad to be back home? I got the stroller ready for the mall tomorrow so let's keep our fingers crossed that Heid can meet us.

Bobbi said...

What a nice dr. and what a perfectly darling little girl!