Saturday, March 28, 2009

Partying in Vegas

Surprise #2 and #3:
















Getting settled in our hotel room

Lounging at the pool


After meeting up with the Allen family, we walked across the street to The Venetian for dinner at Grand Lux to celebrate both Ben's birthday and mine. When little Max was ready to head home to bed, Ben took off with him and we took Heidi back to our room to be our babysitter for the night.


Posing on the catwalk outside the LOVE theater
(on the way to dinner to avoid the crowds later in the night)


Dinner at Grand Lux

Olivia and her aunt Heidi


And then we were off to see LOVE...and what else is there to say except that I loved it! Such fun and familiar music, crazy costumes and set designs, incredible acrobatics and daredevil tricks, and of course some beautiful and artistic choreography. For those of you who know the show, my favorite songs/performances included the vibrant show opener to Get Back, Octopus's Garden, Something, and Here Comes the Sun. It is such a fabulous show and I have been wanting to see it for ages--my hubby must really know me well to gift me such an amazing surprise!

What a fun weekend! I am sad that we are already home but it was fun to see my kids this evening and take them to dinner at Settebello--one of our favorite spots downtown. So far it feels pretty good being 30 :)

7 comments:

Heidi said...

I sure love cuddling that Livy Lous! She is my namesake I guess. I am so glad we could share in your fun birthday for a bit. Happy 30th sis!

Anonymous said...

Looks like an amazing time!!! I think Octopus' Garden, Something, and Here Comes the Sun were my favorites as well!

Glad you got to party in Vegas for your birthday. How perfect to have a sweet sis there to help out! And a sweet brother-in-law to share his wife on his birthday! Fun fun fun!!!

Anonymous said...

And your new jacket from BP looks so cute!

Kristin Sokol said...

Super fun. You lead the life of a movie star!

Krista said...

mmmm. I love sette bello too. Looks like you had a ton of fun. Happy 30th!

Anonymous said...

You look great in all of your pictures!!! What a fun weekend!

Maggie said...

Happy happy belated birthday. I was so excited when I heard that Joe was surprising you and taking you to vegas. Too fun. Cute pictures. Oh, and by the way, I also totally love and miss the Harmon's drive and load.