Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Due Date

Oh how grateful (and lucky) I feel to see this day come and go and know that my baby girl has already been here in the world, safe and cuddled in my arms for 3 weeks. I am finally feeling like my body is mostly healed and our schedules are getting back to normal--and that I am really, really tired from middle of the night feedings. Last night I asked Joseph when we would feel like we were getting enough sleep again and we decided that we shouldn't plan on it for about a year (and pray that it will be sooner :) How is it than whenever Olivia has a good night with a long sleep stretch, one of the older kids just happens to interrupt our slumbers by falling out of bed, waking-up from a bad dream, needing to go pee, or suddenly needing more water in the middle of the night? (believe me, all of these things have actually happened in the last 10 days or so...)

Best thing about not being pregnant:
I can hold my laptop comfortably on my lap again (meaning the belly isn't usurping all the space anymore) How I do love my MacBook--even if it is a hand-me-down from my hubby...

Worst thing about not being pregnant anymore:
My feet get really cold (something that never happens when I am pregnant and always over heated! oh--and I hardly ever wear socks unless I am heading out of the house so I am constantly barefooted...may be part of the problem...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids must have some inner sense about Mom and Dad getting too much sleep so they sub-consciously do things to sabotage a good night's rest. Our wake-up calls have definitely increased over the past few months with nightmares and unquenchable thirst. My personal favorite? Maddie needing me to find her other blankie (the one that doesn't have strings) at 3 a.m. I searched all over her floor and under her covers and then finally noticed it carefully folded on her other pillow where she had placed it for Dad to use when he was laying with her at bedtime. Good times. I guess I should be grateful that Connor is sleeping better but my other kids need some sleep training now!

Heidi said...

I had that same foot thing! They were always warm when I was pregnant but just ask Ben they are icicles any other time. Hurray that "livy lou's" is already here. Wait is that how you spell it? I guess I should ask Cares ;-)

Heidi said...

Cec and I just left comments at the same time- we are cool like that

Krista said...

oh that's funny. It's probably better not to plan a good sleep until a year later. maybe even 18 years later.
I always wear socks b/c my feet are cold. I don't remember when I was prego though. Happy due date. Aren't you glad that you don't have big puffy pregnant feet right now?

Bobbi said...

We are glad that she is here and safe, and happy for you to skip those last 3 miserable weeks! Those older kids sense the disruption in the force and add to the sleep deprivation. I think 6 months is a good equilibrium day to shoot for--baby sleeping through the night and big kids settled back down. Hang in there!