Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sleep and Shows

After preschool yesterday I dropped the big kids off at my mom's house for a sleepover and for playtime at both her house and then over to Nanny's house today. They should be back home by dinner time tonight which I am getting excited for--I miss their crazy, loud, busy, silly, happy and cuddly little bodies buzzing around the house. But believe me, I made the most of their time with their grandmas--meaning I have slept and slept and slept!

Yesterday, when I got home from taking the kids, I left Olivia slumbering away in her carseat and I went straight to the couch and took a 70 minute nap. This morning, after feeding the tiny maid at 5:15 and then 7:45, we both slept in until 10:30. Heavenly, I tell you, simply heavenly. And now, I just woke up from a 2 hour nap with the babe swaddled up laying right beside me in bed. Who knew I could pack in so much sleep? It has been fabulous (and I will be forever grateful for these days of rest--thank you Bobbi and Ruth Ann!)

On to an unrelated topic, I have watched way too many shows both on TV and from Hollywood Video since Olivia arrived. This is how I entertain myself while feeding the baby and most importantly, how I keep from falling asleep while feeding her between the hours of 10:00 pm and 8:00 am (plus the TV adds the perfect amount of light for seeing what I am doing without waking the baby up too much--my big sis taught me that invaluable trick many years ago...) Anyway, I am obsessed with HGTV and TLC. I dreamt last night that Joseph and I were out on a double date and we ran into my parents so I introduced them to the people with us and said "these are our great friends Jon and Kate." You TLC watching peeps will know what I am talking about :)

And these are the movies we have rented or watched on TV in the last 3 weeks:

1) The Secret Life of Bees
2) Nights in Rodanthe
3) High School Musical 3
4) Australia
5) Nacho Libre

Can you guess which one Joseph chose? Ha--the poor guy tries to hang out with me in the evenings and watch all my awesome movies and shows but at 10:00 pm he is usually fast asleep on the couch beside me. And I promise he was at Sunday dinner at his mom's house with the kids when I watched HSM3--I wouldn't put him through that (but I secretly loved it :)

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I need to see HSM3! How were the other movies? Your "tiny maid" sounds like a pretty good sleeper herself to let you have all those great naps! I am glad you are getting some rest. Makes a world of difference.

Go Gosselins!

Carrie said...

Heid--the other movies:
Bees--pretty good (but the book is still way better...LOVE the book...)
Rodanthe--way slow--wasn't really feeling it
Australia--really good. Love love love Hugh Jackman in it. It is about some pretty serious subjects without feeling depressing--it's quite light and happy and romantic :)
HSM3--love the cheesiness and drama and all the overacting, and East High and Utah, and Zac with his sweaty hair singing in the middle of the b-ball game--and his solo later on just singing and dancing all by himself in angst...classic HSM :)

Anonymous said...

Is that your new swaddling blanket wrapped around Olivia? SO CUTE! The baby AND the blanket.

I am so glad you slept so much. I thought about calling you today and then decided against it because I didn't want to wake you.

Thanks for the good movie reviews...I had been tempted to look into Bees and Rodanthe but I might skip them. Glad you loved Australia. I may have to see that one again. And I am a little slow but I have only seen HSM1 so I need to see the second and the third. I won't drag my husband into those viewings either. I will save them for when I am doing a late night feeding.

Bobbi said...

I'm so glad you got lots of sleep--just what you needed! Props to LivvyLou for being a good girl and sleeping, too. CaresieLou (as she tells me she used to be called when she was a baby) and Bean were good campers here.
Dad wouldn't know who Jon and Kate are but I do! (US mag says rumours are circulating of problems in the relationship--yikes! maybe time to get off camera). So glad you guys have 24/7 tv available and dvr and dvds. When I had babies, the tvs still went off at 11:00 p.m., boring! Hurray for HGTV and TLC, etc.

Carrie said...

Cec--yep, one of the new Adan & Anais swaddlers per your recommendation. I LOVE them!

Krista said...

oh this sounds heavenly. I'm so glad you got some much deserved r&r. I still need to see secret life of bees. Did you enjoy it?