Friday, January 30, 2009

A Family is Forever



This afternoon we attended the Draper Temple open house. Following the advice of friends, we took advantage of my large, pregnant belly, drove right up to the temple and asked them if we could park in the actual temple lot to save ourselves from standing around and waiting for shuttles. Everything worked out seamlessly and we loved walking around together admiring the amazing artwork in the temple as well as the glorious sunlight which poured into almost every room. It was especially stunning to have so much natural light in the baptistry, bride's dressing room and sealing room we sat in together at the end of the tour.

I really loved being in the temple today with my husband and children. I realized again today that they are my heaven and I am so grateful that they are mine forever.

My parents joined up with us and helped entertain (and at times carry) the kids during our visit. Yay for grandparents!

a closer shot of our family (Bentley's head is mostly hiding my rapidly expanding belly--I seriously think it has doubled in size over the last couple weeks!)


4 comments:

Heidi said...

I love that you all got to go together as a little fam. Pretty temple. You look great Care.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous day to tour the temple! You do look beautiful with your baby bump (which is turning into a big bump...yay...the time is coming!) and your sweet family.

Krista said...

awesome. we need to go too! So are you doing the pregnancy laugh with the wheeze yet because your belly crowds your diaphragm? Then you know that it's getting close.

ba and the boys said...

i wishi was pregnant for a moment...just so i could have saved my family the pain of being stuffed into the gym for an hour waiting for our turn. it was really hard to get the spirit after being treated so poorly...