Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello 2009


I am sitting on the couch right now and I fear I may never leave this spot. I have been cleaning all day and now that it is 3:30, I am kaput (German for broken). And yet, as I look around the family room (a place I hardly even touched today) I see tons of work that remains to be done. Sigh.

I think I woke up this morning with a very urgent sense of the new year and got cracking on my home right away:
--cleaned out and organized my bathroom drawers
--picked up Bentley's room, dusted and vacuumed it
--picked up Caroline's room, dusted and vacuumed it
--went through Cares' toy basket and got rid of all the broken/random/ugly toys
--picked up my room and dusted and vacuumed it (I am sensing a theme here...)
--cleaned up lunch, filled and started the dishwasher, swept the kitchen floor
--sent the kids outside to play in the snow with Daddy (where they built an awesome snow castle and played quite happily)
--and cleaned my entire bathroom.

It is very rewarding work for sure but I still have more to do. Maybe if I sit here long enough snacking on chocolate chip cookie dough I will feel totally re-energized.

Some goals I have for this new year:
1. Be a more patient mommy
2. Enjoy the next few months of freedom with my darlings before the baby comes along
3. Have a routine, healthy and of course swift and easy (please, please, please...) delivery of baby #3
4. Get the basement in our house finished and fabulous

There are more but these will do for now. My brain can really only handle thinking ahead to March when our little family will grow from 4 to 5. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! (and I am trying my best to relish in every night of uninterrupted sleep I get before baby is here :)

7 comments:

Heidi said...

You are one nesting momma! I can't wait for Baby Coe (or Jarrie) to get here!!

Anonymous said...

You are in nesting mode! I love it! After talking to you yesterday, I decided that my bathroom cabinets need to get done today. Anything that allows me to sit for a few minutes will be a good project.
Myrna never came yesterday so my house isn't clean. Boo. Better believe I will be calling her today as well because I can't vacuum and dust and clean toilets at this stage!
Can't wait for March either...just to meet this little niece or nephew!

Krista said...

I did the toy clean up just barely too. And now I'm painting walls and baseboards (well touching up). It's so good you are getting the sleep you need now. It's always a big eye opener when the little one arrives and all the sudden your brain really shuts down with the lack of sleep.

Jess said...

Care, I think you are one of the most patient mothers I know. I am soo excited for this baby too! My vote is girl!

Bobbi said...

Isn't that nesting phase supposed to come near the end?! Good job on all the projects! You are a patient mom, you children are blessed to have you as their mother. Enjoy those sleep-filled nights. We can't wait for baby either!

Carol said...

Carie...you are a CLEANING MACHINE!!! I don't usually get that much done in a single day and I'm not pregnant! Wowsers! Also, I read a quote a long time ago and it has stuck..."Cleaning the house while children are growing is like shoveling the walk while it is still snowing." I can only imagine the happy mess (clothes, boots, hats, gloves, snow, dirt) they all brought in when they were finished playing outside...at least your bathroom is clean. :) :) :)

ba and the boys said...

if you need to keep cleaning...you know where i live...