Saturday, January 10, 2009

Baby, Baby


No, my own little bundle did not arrive yet. Soon, I am hoping for soon...soon-ish. In the meantime however, I got to meet my teeny tiny new nephew this afternoon (who isn't even that teeny but looked so very sweet and small all swaddled up!) I even got to see him being born which was amazing--stunning even. It was also a little intimidating since I am going down that path oh so soon myself... But then I remembered that I don't have to watch any of it when I am the mama--I just get to push and breathe and make it all happen--lucky me :)

It really is a miracle to witness an infant's birth--I am so grateful I could be there with my big sister today and share in such an intimate and marvelous event. Plus, there is the lovely gift of getting to hold a perfectly pure baby right after--melts my heart just to think about it.

brand new baby Connor

happy to be near his sweet mommy

showing off his "big mouth" while I held him


And 2 days ago, out in Colorado, my hubby's little sister delivered a healthy baby boy named Gunner. I am still waiting on pics (Mag--if you happen to read this you know what you need to do...) but know he was born safely and quite quickly and without complication--such a blessing!

Congratulations to both of the new mommies!!

***FYI--I have another sister-in-law due in 2 weeks with a baby girl...so much love in the air last spring!!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I didn't know Maggie had her baby! So Connor's mouth in the photo with you is just too cute. He looks like he will be just as silly and sweet as his brothers. oooo I just want to hold him!

Krista said...

Wow! What a sweet little guy. I love brand new freshly born babies! Congrats to Cec and family. What a cool experience to be there too.

Audrey said...

Tell Cec congratulations. He is gorgeous!!!

Charlotte said...

Oh happy day. Send my love to Cec. What a beautiful boy. Love to all of you.

Charlotte said...

Oh happy day. Send my love to Cec. What a beautiful boy. Love to all of you.

Carol said...

Yeah! Congratulations Cecily!!!