Monday, January 19, 2009

Random


Do any of you ever have a day when you look for new blog posts from your favorite authors and find hardly anything to read? And as a response feel the need to update your own blog so you have something fun to do during your small window of freetime?

I'm having one of those days...could you tell? Maybe I need a new hobby...

Random thoughts on 1/19/09:

1. I miss Maui. And Oahu. And Hawaii in general. We were there exactly a year ago and it sounds heavenly to be back there again (except that I'd have to wear a swimsuit at 7 1/2 months pregnant...that part doesn't sound very heavenly...)

cuties playing on Kaanapali Beach

2. Bentley and I just had one of our favorite snacks: Laughing Cow cheese on Wheat Thins and Simply Orange orange juice--yum.

3. Today the kids helped me disassemble our baby carseat so we could wash the cover and all the straps. Am I really going to have an infant in my house again soon? (yay!)

4. I am really loving Nie Nie's new blog posts. She is so real about all that has happened and I really appreciate her candor thus far. My heart goes out to her for all the pain she's still enduring but she is one tough woman and seems to keep the positive alive right there along with all the negative.

A few more nostalgic Maui pics:

sunset dinner at PacificO's in Lahaina

my Bentley frog along the Kaanapali boardwalk


5 comments:

Em said...

cute pics, i have never been to hawaii, maybe someday.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Maui sound divine right now? I am itching to get into the sunshine and out of this cold and the inversion.

I should blog again...hmmm. Maybe soon. I forgot that NieNie would be blogging again though so I need to check in.

Heidi said...

You just need to start following way too many blogs like I do. Every morning on Google Reader I think I have at least 20 new posts to read- many of them are design blogs, or like a celeb baby blog. he he he

I love Bean the jumping frog and I miss Hawaii but maybe not as much as you since I am enjoying delightful weather this week. Just come to SG for some sun!!

Bobbi said...

Care, it was fun to reminisce last night and wallow in the Maui (and Oahu) memories. Wish we were there again right now!

Bobby said...

Hahaha,picture of Bentley frogging it made me laugh out loud. Is that another iPhone treasure or big camera? I need to make sure I get a copy of the picture of him running around that Joe took on the iPhone.