Monday, January 26, 2009

Ode to Twyla


My daughter LOVES her kitty Twyla. They have been best buddies for a long time now and I just want to thank her for being such a trusty pal to my Cares:

waiting in line at Disneyland together

cuddling little cousin Max

helping Cares nap on an SG road trip

and entertaining her during the early potty training days


Last night John and Krista came over for dinner and brought a delicious German chocolate cake for dessert. Cares had been telling us all day that it was Twyla's birthday so we gave in and lit candles and sang "Happy Birthday to Twyla" for, according to Caroline, her 3 year old birthday (I guess Twyla and Cares are the same age!)

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Twyla (and Whiskers too) make me laugh. I can't believe Cares is almost three! Happy birthday to Twyla ;-)

Krista said...

Yay! It was fun to celebrate Twyla's birthday together. Thanks for the yummy dinner and company again. p.s. that is some funky spelling for twyla's name.

Carrie said...

Krista--is that a random way to spell it? I don't even know anybody really named that! She IS named after the cat "Twyla" from the Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses movie (watch again--don't you think Cares' kitty looks a ton like her?! classy huh ;)

Bobbi said...

Happy Birthday to Twyla! She has been a loyal friend.

Anonymous said...

I am just glad that Twyla has had many visits to our house and liked it so much one time that she stayed behind. After all, Maddie's Seraphina is glad to have a friend like Twyla, just like Maddie is grateful for Caroline. Cute that you celebrated a birthday for her.

Yay for kitties named after Barbie movies.

Maggie said...

So... We JUST got Barbie and the 12 dancing princesses and my mom was telling me about the Twyla connection. So funny. I love watching Twyla dance on the movie. How nice to have such a loyal kitty.