Monday, August 18, 2008

August Evening at Temple Square

After another full day of errands and activities on Saturday, we skipped out on nap time and headed downtown. We had our favorite pizza for dinner at Settebello, attended my friend Neil's wedding reception (he's an old friend from good old HHS as well as BYU), and wandered around Temple Square enjoying the perfect night air. No wonder tourists love it there--I always forget how stunning the colorful plants are and how peaceful it is just to be there-- I love it too! It's fun to think that just about 9 years ago, our family of 4 began our eternal journey simply as 2 inside that beautiful temple.

I did get a haircut on Saturday afternoon but it's hard to really see it in this picture--besides, my adorable rascal grabs the spotlight :)


5 comments:

Krista said...

ohhh that first pic is beautiful of cares. It has been a long time since I've been to temple square too. It looks beautiful with the flowers.

Maggie said...

Those are beautiful pictures. I like your new hair, even though I couldn't totally tell how much you cut off. Oh, and you're almost a family of five :) How is the house hunt/selling going?

Heidi said...

I love the top pic too!! Beautiful. I can tell your hair is cut and it's cute.

The SL temple is so gorgeous at each time of year. I am so glad I got married at that one!

Anonymous said...

Caroline belongs on the front of the Ensign in that first picture! And I really like her dress :-). That temple is truly stunning and I am also so glad that I was able to be married there.

Come show me your cute hair cut!

Bobbi said...

A beautiful family at a beautiful temple! It is a lovely place to wander around with the physical beauty of it and the serene spirit. How fun to see Neil, too!