Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Joseph



My cute hubby had his 31st birthday yesterday and I didn't really do anything special for him. At all. How sad is that? I mean, I thought about waking up early and making him breakfast in bed but after I did the waking up early part, I just couldn't make myself stand in front of the stove and cook eggs and bacon. So, at least I let him sleep in while I hung with Bentley in the early morning hours (which would seem pretty nice except for that fact that since I started feeling sick with baby #3, Joseph has gotten up with the kids every single morning--so I totally owed him anyway...) I didn't have any presents for him and I didn't even post a birthday blog entry just for him (which has totally devastated him I can just tell...)

Thanks goodness for Joseph's fabulous mom who seriously saved the day. She not only got us tickets to see the comedian Brian Reagan for a birthday gift, but came out to our house to babysit our kiddos while we had a fun date night. We grabbed dinner at Tsunami, stopped by the AT&T store to order Joseph's new iPhone, and then headed down to Thanksgiving Point for the show. I am so glad she helped us out and let us celebrate together--thank you Ruth Ann!

My hubby deserves so much better because he really is the very best thing in my life. I can't believe he and I have been married for almost 9 years already. He is such a good man and I am totally in love with him. He makes me laugh every day, he takes incredibly good care of our children--who in turn adore him, he works hard, keeps me grounded, and serves others. I can never thank him enough for loving me and showing me again and again what that really means.

I love you babe--happy (late) birthday!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Care you are seriously so blessed to be married to him ;-)

How did you like Brian Regan?

Anonymous said...

You are so blessed to be married to him! AND he is blessed to be married to you :-).
Glad it was a fun evening and that you have such a sweet mother-in-law!
I love Joe too...Happy Birthday Joseph!

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

Ha ha ha yeah Care is blessed too but I just had to tie my favorite website in somehow to my first response!!

Maggie said...

We all heart Joe. He is the best. Hope you guys had fun at Brian Reagan. "you too" (if you didn't hear that joke then ask me about it). I think you made it sound like you're a slacker but I don't think that sick pregnant women can be considered slackers. Glad you got to go on a fun date.

Krista said...

Joseph, I feel sheepish that I didn't call you on your big day! I told Johnny I needed to call you and then poof like that I forgot! Happy Late Birthday. I hope you had a great day!

Bobbi said...

He is a great guy--Sherm has totally repented of his former hesitations and we love Joseph immensely! Hope it was a happy day, Joseph!