Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Preschool, Please


For the last 3 weeks I have been counting down the days until Bentley started preschool again. And somehow, I am still counting because it doesn't start until the Friday after Labor Day. Oh boy--we still have 10 days to go. 10 long, hot, crazy, summer days until I can send my oldest to school and enjoy some calm, girlie time with my 2 year old. I hope I can last. My kids just really need a break from each other and since I have been the lamest of all moms for the past few weeks, (I try to find a way to lay down on the couch, floor, bed, table, etc...while I "play" with my kids) they have really just been entertaining/bugging each other for many, many days now. When we signed up for school way back in January I never thought that starting in September would be an issue. But I am realizing how jealous I am of all you lucky moms who have already entered into the freedom that preschool is! You may think I am being overly dramatic (which I never am--just ask my husband)--10 days isn't that far away right? I just need to keep telling myself that. The funny thing is that as soon as Bentley is gone 3 mornings a week, I know I will totally miss him and wish he were around to play with Cares--so I could rest on the couch a little bit longer :)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

ha ha that last comment is so true! But this weekend they can bug Max instead of each other...hopefully. Wish I was there to help out!

Anonymous said...

I know, school sometimes can't come soon enough! I am keeping my fingers crossed that you feel better in the next couple weeks so that you won't have to be on that couch as much, leaving you time to enjoy Cares. And we will play this weekend with Max and Marshall! And then we will just have to hang out more when our little ones need playtime.

Maggie said...

I love this post. My favorite is about trying to lay on the couch and play with the kids... Is Cares going to know what to do without a big brother around?

ba and the boys said...

im so there with you...and our preschool doesnt start until the monday after labor day!
and i can tell you, yo miss the kids...but it is soooooo (not enough 'o's for that) nice not to bring everyone with you to walmart/target/kohls/mall...and at christmas time, you can get a few of his gifts w/o wprrying if he will see them in the basket!
enjoy time with sweet caroline! she is a beautiful, singing creature! (one of the few singers in nursery!)