Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lagoon 08


Saturday morning we packed up, headed out and arrived at Lagoon just after it opened. Our agenda for the day went something like this:

10-11:30 kid rides, kid rides and more kid rides, before any real lines formed.
Note to self: don't take Cares on any kind of "scary" kid ride (aka
Ladybug Bop) as her first one for the day since it will scare her off of any other rides entirely (except the boats--which we know we can trick her into riding...)

Bentley the Flying Ace

Beans and Daddy riding "Puff"

Cousin Tiago braving the boats!

A huge hit of the day--Bumper Cars!

Fighting off space aliens (cousin Elijah has got Bentley covered from the back)

11:30-12:30 Log Flume, Rattlesnake Rapids and lunch.
After my whole right leg was dripping wet from the Log Flume it actually felt really good--nice and wet and cooling. But after my entire body was totally soaked in trying to protect Cares from the massive waterfall on Rattlesnake Rapids, I just felt really, really wet. And soggy everywhere...

12:30-2:00 Lagoon-A Beach
So, this was my very first time to go to Lagoon-A Beach--crazy right? How many Tennis Team Lagoon days did I attend in my childhood and still, never ever really wanted to hit the water park? Well, let me just say that on a 100 degree day at an amusement park, nothing feels better than floating around in a tube in the freezing cold lazy river. I kept thinking about everyone who wasn't playing in the water but standing around in the blazing sun instead and I just felt so bad for them! Anyway, we had a lot of fun there--I didn't know there was a whole kid area with swings in the water, little water slides and shallow water but we ended up hanging out there for quite a while.

2:00-? Fit in as many rides as possible before I felt too hot and too sick to stay any longer.
So, after the water fun was over Bentley asked me to ride on the "high-ride" (Sky Ride) with him and I couldn't refuse. Joe and Cares met us at the train when we were done and we had a little adventure on that trying to convince our Caresie that it wasn't going to go too fast or be scary in any way. After the train I was really ready to head home but I let Joseph buy me some ice cream and the kids a huge snow-cone first. We ran into the rest of Joe's family, who we had been hanging out with off and on that day, so we sat together for a bit while Tillie napped peacefully in her stroller (lucky Mary! My kids only do that as infants--boo).

On the Sky Ride with Bentley

Cares milking her "fear" of the train ride and getting lots of cuddles from Daddy

On our way out, we felt hot and sticky again and so I reached into the huge play fountains to cool my arms and face and told Bentley he could do the same and get a little wet. He did--and got a little splash on his face and arms. And then he was suddenly squatting right over the fountains getting completely drenched. I was kind of surprised since he'd been so timid with the fountains when we first arrived. It was quite the spectacle and Joseph and I were just left laughing as Beans, and then Cares, played and played in the water. And so we drove home with Beans in his mostly dry swimsuit and Cares in just her diaper.




3 comments:

Heidi said...

O man good old Lagoon. Puff used to be my favorite ride when I was little. I have ton of memories riding it with Mares Holman. I wish I could think of the ladybug ride that scared Cares. BEans looks like he is in pure heaven the whole time!

Bobbi said...

Ahh, Lagoon as a mom is a totally different experience, eh? I'm glad you found some fun, cooling things to do. Such cute pics of happy, brave Bean!

Anonymous said...

Lagoon is the funnest as a kid! I have never done the water-park either but that does make it seem a little more enticing. Is next summer the year for us to introduce our kids? Probably, since I haven't felt up to it this year. Good for you for going anyway!