Saturday, August 2, 2008

One Busy Week


How in the world is it already Saturday night? This past week has flown right by (which I am very grateful for--another week of pukey pregnancy sickness to check off!) It has been hot hot hot here but we've tried to pack in summer fun while it is, indeed, still summer. Plus, the slew of activities serve as a great distraction from feeling too yucky :) My week in a nutshell:

Monday: veged all day and unpacked/did laundry from our Lake Powell trip. In the evening we enjoyed our fabulous LeBaron Carnival.
Tuesday: swam at the Lifetime pool with Cec and her kids.
Wednesday: met Flori and Rob at Tuscany for lunch a few hours before they headed home to NC. Watched SYTYCD and loved all the dancing (well--the Napoleon and Tabitha hip-hop piece at the end for Chelsea and Twitch was kind of lame but the 6 remaining dancers were all so good. I did miss Will...)


Thursday: headed down to Provo with Horsleys to 1) visit my sweet "Tutu" (grandma) who is ailing worse than ever in her 90 years. She looked so tiny and so exhausted that I hardly recognized her. However, she is still my cute Tutu who I have loved forever so it was good to visit with her and hold her little hand and tell her again and again how much I love her. Plus, my 2 sweeties were very brave and came in her bedroom to see her and entertain her a bit with their silliness :) Oh--and we met my cousin's 2 week old baby girl which was very fun. As you can see, the soon-to-be-big-sissies fell in love right away (especially miss MJ who really, really loved seeing, holding, and feeding her)2) eat lunch at Los Hermanos. Those salty chips and yummy specialty drinks sounded so so tasty and they were a huge success among the kids too!

3) shop a bit at the good old BYU bookstore. It is always so fun to venture back to campus and remember all my days there as a student. Those were such good years--I really loved them. I showed the kids Campus Life where Joseph worked when we were dating and first married--man I spent a lot of time up in that design office with Joseph! Anyway, we found some loyal cougar shirts and some sweet treats before heading back home. That adventure wore me out--when we got back to Cec's house at 3:00 in the afternoon I promptly fell asleep on the floor where the little girls were playing together. And I had a good little 30 min. nap too!Friday: another day to just hang out before we met Joseph for dinner at Five Guys over in Fort Union--another yummy meal. After the kids went to bed we watched Pretty Woman from our DVR. I think I have seen that movie way too many times because I can quote at least half of the show (totally pathetic right?) And somehow, I managed to cry during it too!! What? I have never cried during that movie before so I am blaming it on pregnancy hormones...

Saturday: one word--LAGOON. I think it deserves its own entry so for now I'm signing off.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Care you are so tan and that blue shirt looks really good on you! Why can you look so good while pregnant? I am way jealous of BYU time. I sure love "Provs"!

Krista said...

wow you guys have been super busy but like you said that's probably so much better than thinking about being sick.

Bobbi said...

You have been busy! BYU--such a good place to visit. It still brings back great memories to me, too. And I know Tutu loved that you came to cheer her up. She is nearly gone, after all the years of her saying she was going to die, it looks like she finally is. She will be missed. Hang in there with the pukies, sweetie!

Carol said...

"You work on commission right? Big mistake...Big...Huge! Goodbye, I have some shopping to do!"

Love it. So glad that you were able to see Tutu and Laura with her crew. I would have loved to have seen you as well.

Anonymous said...

Yay that you are busy with me!!! Thanks for playing with us so much...it helps the sick days pass by much easier.
I am so glad we had the opportunity to see Tutu again and to see Laura and her newest addition. It is the circle of life and as hard as it is to see Tutu slipping away, it is easy to see the joy that this new baby is bringing to Laura and her extended family.