Friday, October 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Jim

Happy Birthday Jim! I know I am a day early but tomorrow I will be gone all morning and I don't want to forget to post.

Jim cracks me up. His puns and funny comments are usually subtle and easily inserted into conversations but they always get me. Just last week at Sunday dinner he had us all laughing with his quick wit. It's fun :) Seriously, how did these LeBarons all become so funny?!

I love how easy going Jim is and how he goes with the flow and never turns things into big issues (do I see this in him because I am so much the opposite? hmmm...) He is a silly Dad, a relentless teaser, always willing to try something new but also do the same old thing (like beat us all by a huge margin at the game of "Hearts"---as always).

I honestly think Jim is one of the most humble people I know even though he is such a smart, witty, and capable guy. He shows incredible patience and is also very self-less and giving. I think his testimony of the Gospel shows great depth and sincerity and has buoyed mine many times.

A few summers ago, Jim told me about this new TV show that he knew I would love. I kept forgetting about it so he ended up calling me at least 3 or 4 times throughout the summer and leaving messages reminding me to tune in that evening. I only caught a few episodes (sadly, it was during those harsh days before DVR...) but Jim was completely right. The show was none other than So You Think You Can Dance and of course it is now one of my faves. It's cool that he knew me well enough to get me watching--thanks Jim!

Hope you have a fun day--don't feel bad that you have to share it with your adorable little Tiago: ) Happy Birthday to both of you!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I didn't know Tiago was born on his dad's b-day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jim and Tiago!
Care, you were close to coming on Mom's birthday. Maybe Baby Beidi will come on Heidi's!

Bobbi said...

Wow, lots of October birthdays in the LeBaron family. I am working my way backward through Carrie's blog, catching up on birthday greetings. It's late, but sincere. Jim, it has been a great pleasure for us to get to know you better as you have helped us with our computer. Having you in our home and all to ourselves, we have enjoyed the spirit you bring with you. Your patience with teaching us (especially me :) and your selfless willingness to help others has impressed us. You are not as blatant or obvious as some of your siblings, but your wit matches theirs easily. Thanks for being our friend!