Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy Birthday Maggie

"This is a blog for Maggie Jean with blue eyes..."

Happy Birthday! I feel like I have known Maggie forever since we were in YM together before I even met Joseph. Mag was the first one in her family to really tell me all about her big brother Joe. We were at a tennis lesson in the summer and she was so excited that the family got to go pick him up at the airport in just a few days (or maybe it was the very next day...) It was a classic Maggie moment. She was so happy and eager and ready to share her excitement--these are all things that easily describe her true nature.

I love how accepting and kind and unassuming Maggie is. She can make others feel so welcome and at ease in her presence. She also seems very willing to try new and even scary or hard things (serving a mission in Germany, running marathons, having a baby in the middle of grad school, and drinking sick concoctions under Joseph's orders :)

Just yesterday, the choir sang "Faith in Every Footstep" during stake conference. That hymn always reminds me of Maggie since we sang it forever ago as the 2 altos in a small YW group in sacrament meeting (do you remember that Mag?) I totally had to listen for her voice and confidence so that I could sing our parts correctly. And our rehearsals were a fun time to get to know her a little better (even though I never expected her to be my sister in law!) Since then it seems like we've had so many great memories: seeing her off at the MTC, hanging out in Phoenix after Lake Powell and her return from Germany, finding her at BYU games to share hot dogs and popcorn, playing down in SG whenever we are down there and so on. Thanks for being such a positive influence and happy presence in my life Maggie--much love to you on your b-day!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Mags is a wonderful person I have some good memories of her from girls camp and she was always so nice to me when I would see her at school! I love those Lebs!

Krista said...

Happy Birthday Mags. I think that you make a lot of people smile just thinking about you. Thanks for always being such a nice friend and sis in law. I will always owe you for introducing me to Johnny.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to such a smiley, happy person!

Mariposa said...

ditto. mags, you're awes. can't wait to see you this weekend! happy b-day again. p.s. justin is SO busted for giving you cold cereal for b-fast in bed.

Bobbi said...

Happy belated birthday, Maggie! I have memories of you from Girls' Camp. too!!--but from the perspective of a leader. You always made others feel lifted and cared about. Your happy singing on our hikes and around the camp fire spread happiness and the Spirit. Justin is a lucky guy to have you in his life!