Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Luci

Happy Birthday Luci! I think Luci is such an accomplished and capable woman/wife/mother/professor/seamstress/bargain hunter... I could go on and on. I love that she is a thoughtful, loving aunt and creates wonderful, practical and cute gifts such as Bentley's PJs, Caroline's Sunday dress, and my beaded flip-flops to name a few. I love that Luci is adventurous and up for a challenge, even if it means scouring craft and sewing stores to find just the right clip for a binkie chain :) I had a chance to read about Luci's testimony and her decision to serve a mission in a letter she wrote to Bob a few years ago. I was deeply moved by her testimony and her humility and awed that she would make such a sacrifice for the Lord when she had only been a member for a few years. Luci is a loving mom who has made her home a happy place for little Tiago and also for Evelyn and Elijah. She is such a positive and supportive force in their lives and I can see how it blesses them and has changed them for the better. At her baptism last year, Evelyn wore a new dress and matching jewelry all made by Luci. I could tell how proud that made Evie and how special it made her feel. It's wonderful to have you in the family Luci--Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Luci! I need to have some sewing and crafting lessons from you...you are extremely talented!