Monday, March 12, 2007

Birthday Season

I wanted to post this adorable picture of Ethan from his birthday dinner the other night. He is honestly so handsome! Ethan's birthday marks the beginning of crazy, birthday season on the Smith side (phase 2 of crazy birthday season if I include all the LeBaron birthdays in February and March!) I love it all. It is so fun to gather and celebrate someone you love and it's especially fun to see my nieces and nephews (and my own kids!) opening gifts and getting so excited about cake and blowing out candles. Makes me feel young and giddy :)

On another note, Bentley has been flying his white die cast airplane around my head as I have been typing and he keeps asking me to talk to his "China Airplane." It's cool that he is playing with the free toy plane I got from China Northwest Airlines on our trip there about 7 years ago! Anyway, I asked the airplane where it was flying and he said "to see Santa." So I asked where Santa lived and he said "the North Hole." Then I asked the airplane if Bentley wanted to go on a trip and he said "yeah, Bentley should go on a trip to Target." Too classic--he was cracking me up. Oh my little aspiring world traveler who finds all that he needs at Target--wonder if we go there too often?!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Beans is a crack up. Sometimes he is one and he knows it. Sometimes he is sincere in his hilarius comments. I love him, and you. Have fun traveling to Target (if you go)!

Bobbi said...

I love stories like this. The everyday interactions with little ones is entertaining and delightful. Thanks for sharing with us great Bean moments. When kids reach that understanding of "pretend", some funny and revealing things come out. Happy flying to all of you! A good picture of Ethan, by the way. What a cute boy he is!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! He has such funny comments. Don't you wish that you had a camcorder on him at all times so that you capture those sweet and silly moments?
Target is an adventure and a destination in itself and I am glad that Bean sees the value in such a great place! You are training him well!
The picture of Eth is really sweet! I need to copy all of your recent photos (birthdays, baptism) because I know you have been taking good ones.