Friday, October 1, 2010

Us


Today Joseph and I are celebrating 11 years of marriage. We were crazy in love on our wedding day. And we still are. But I am always amazed how time has shaped our love into something more deep, more real, and more permanent than I ever knew it could. It has afforded us the chance to have real discouragements and telling fights as well as amazing successes and beautiful memories (many of which include the 3 darlings we created together). Seems to be what building a life together is all about anyway. And we are just getting started...

Something to keep us focused on each other:
11 love songs for 11 years

Stolen: Dashboard Confessionals
Your Body is a Wonderland: John Mayer
Endless Night: The Lion King
Mystery: Indigo Girls
I'll Be: Edwin McCain
When We Dance: Sting
Sky: Ingrid & Joshua
She: Elvis Costello
Unlike Me: Kate Havnevik
The Luckiest: Ben Folds
Grow Old Along With Me: Peter & Nancy

We're going to have fun listening to these tonight babe. Each one reminds me of a particular memory from the past (and often defines our love in one way or another). I may try to quiz you about it on our date tonight...doesn't that sound romantic?

Thank you for 11 years Joseph. They have easily been the best of my life because of you.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart Care and Joe together! Congratulations on 11 years. Enjoy the cabin and the last of the beautiful weather tonight.

Anonymous said...

But wait, why does Joe get an Indigo Girls song on the play list? Aren't their songs all about you and me :-)? Tee hee.

Joseph said...

Good catch, Cec. The song is "Mystery", which it looks like you've solved.

Babe, it has been a great 11 years. Thanks for kind words and for loving me. I love you too.

Heidi said...

Happy Anni Care and Joe! I was just thinking about your wedding and I think I was not even old enough to date yet. Hilarious. Have a great time celebrating!

Krista said...

So sweet and great idea about the quiz part. You guys are wonderful for each other.

brittanydaw said...

congrats! and Edwin McCain tops Scott's and my list.

Marianne said...

Happy 11 years! I heart you and your little family. You guys are awesome. Congrats!

Lizzy said...

Happy 11 years! Love your play list! Can't wait to go and listen to a few right now!