Saturday, October 30, 2010

Our Halloween

Started out with this:

Which resulted in these (all Joseph's handiwork):

Bentley's dump truck

Caroline's penguin, "Waddles"

Joseph's scary squash

We fit in a fun ride over to the temple:



And our day ended with these darling trick-or-treaters:


I think this has been the most relaxing and calm Halloween I've had in years. It began with a slow, lazy morning and while Joseph and the kids carved pumpkins, Livs and I hung out together. I love that I could fit in a long bike ride with my hubby and then come home to take a menthol enriched and very hot bubble bath right when the first rain storms rolled in. Later we snuggled up with kids to watch a cartoon Halloween show and Joseph and I fell asleep on the couch for a solid 30 minute nap. Then it was time for dinner and getting layered-up for a night out in the neighborhood. I guess we fit plenty into our day but never felt rushed or too busy--Halloweens in the past just seem to have been crazy, full and exhausting days.

My kids and hubby got quite soaked tonight (did yours?) but loved every minute of it :) Livs went to 2 houses right at 6:00 and then Joseph brought her home to enjoy eating her two candies while we stayed dry together handing-out treats.





6 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute penguin pumpkin!

It was nice having a relaxing Halloween, I agree, Who watched your kids while you rode bikes?

I am glad to see Livs warmed up a little more to Fifi. That is probably the biggest smile I have ever seen on her.

Bobbi said...

Wonderful pumpkins (have you ever thought of having Joseph carve those permanent craft pumpkins instead so you could keep his amazing creations forever? Or sell them the next year?!) Happy Livs--so cute!
You are looking so good in that biking gear, Carrie. Glad you had a calm Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Ours was quite hectic with football games here and at Kearns but it was still a fun day.

The rain didn't seem to dampen anyone's enthusiasm and it made it seem really cozy in my house as I handed out Halloween whistles (btw, those were the worst idea I have ever had...every kid that came to our door insisted on blowing them as soon as they chose their color and then I could hear them around the neighborhood for the entire evening. Some parents were seriously bugged as well...oops! Never again!!!)

Anonymous said...

And those pumpkins are masterpieces. As usual.

Brooke said...

Carrie, those pumpkins are awesome! I laughed so hard when I saw that Waddles made a holiday appearance.

Maggie said...

Love all your cute pictures. Such talented pumpkin carvers at your house!! Looks like a fun halloween. I think the bubble bath sounded the best.