Sunday, October 10, 2010

New Hobby

On yesterday's chilly ride out to Bingham Canyon

Joseph has a great friend/relative who happens to be my sister's husband (so yes he is my brother-in-law--I take full credit for their friendship because I introduced them :) Anyway, my brother-in-law happened to have a great road bike he was no longer using and he offered to let Joseph test it out for a bit and see if it was a good fit.

So, the past 2 weekends my hubby and I have scheduled Saturday afternoon "day dates" for biking together. Last week, on our anniversary, we planned to ride around the Swaner Preserve near Park City after spending the night at the cabin. We woke up early (I still wonder how that happened when the kids slept at Nanny and Grandpa's and weren't even there to wake us up...?) got dressed in biking gear and ate a quick breakfast. As I was finishing my muffin I suddenly realized that I had packed up both of our bikes and both helmets but only packed my front wheel and not Joe's. Kind of an essential thing for a bike ride...boo. It was such a lovely fall day and I had wanted to ride up in the mountains...

Luckily, my husband is rather easy going and thought that riding in our own neighborhood (where we could retrieve his forgotten wheel) would be a great solution and he was right--we still had a good time together (although it was about 20 degrees warmer down here in the valley...)

the wheel-less bike last weekend
(and my hubby's skinny legs which are highlighted nicely in his biking shorts)


5 comments:

Krista said...

oh sad about the front wheel. :( I'm glad you have such a funny hubby and you still made the best of it. What a fun hobby for both of you!

Bobbi said...

Go, Joe! Dad and I have enjoyed many biking dates (some of them around Swaner Preserve--with front wheels, of course), so I am excited for you two being biking buddies. Bicycling is such an enjoyable workout. Love the wheel-less photo!

Heidi said...

That sounds really enjoyable. I'd love to get Ben into road biking so we could go on biking dates ;-)

Anonymous said...

So glad to have such a big part in Joe's ability to join you in your new hobby!

I think the no front wheel/cabin story is hilarious and I am glad you took a picture of Joe minus the front wheel to preserve that silly memory.

Maggie said...

What a fun thing to do together. So glad you captured the picture of the Joe on the bike without the front wheel.