Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Classic Timing

We are getting on a plane to Chicago tomorrow, and I spent the late hours of the night last night with my face in the toilet. How am I supposed to get all of us packed and ready to leave when I am so depleted? I do think I am feeling a little better right about now but I am still prone to curl up in a ball and lay on the floor. Olivia and I actually fit in a bunch of play time this morning because toddlers don't care if their mamas lay down to play Little People or do puzzles :)

I knew this was coming because Bentley was sick Friday night, it hit Cares on Sunday evening, and Olivia's version is working itself out in her diaper. Let me tell you it has been quite the weekend. But I am trying to see the silver lining in it all--we leave tomorrow and at least the virus has cycled through all of us before getting on the plane...except for Joseph...oh dear.

Krista--we will park ourselves in a hotel if we are sickly upon our arrival tomorrow--but let's hope that is not the case!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

What in the world why is everyone getting sick?! I am so sorry to hear that sis. I hope you guys will all be rested and recovered in time for your vacation. Have so much fun- the weather should be nice!

Bobbi said...

I am so sad you are sick, Carrie. Like you said, hopefully it is done, and you will all be fine for Chicago. Have a great time, and remember our fun trip there together a few years ago! Hi to Krista and Johnny from us!

Bobbi said...

This is Dad. What a miserable way to get ready for a trip! Hopefully it will pass soon. Beans seemed ok on Sunday evening. I'm still feeling well, so we'll see if the contagion hits us all. Have fun in Chicago!

Krista said...

Oh you poor things!!! I'm so sorry. I hope it passes quickly. I'm sending good vibes your way so we can play and play! At first I was just thinking you were prego with the whole throwing up thing. Oh I'm so sad for you. Throwing up is the worst.

Anonymous said...

No good!!! I felt so bad all yesterday after we talked in the morning. It stinks to be sick anytime but right when you were packing to leave town is horrible! I am hoping that Joe and Livs were fine last night and that you are on your way to Chicago without any problems!

Have a great time!