Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring

We're south of home again. And it is lovely here. When we pulled up to the SG house yesterday, I was actually giddy to see these white blossoms in full bloom. I wonder what kind of tree that is--a flowering pear?


Anyway, we are here for a long stay even though we have to send Joseph back to the real world next week. The weather looks amazing, for the next few days anyway, and the big kids are already outside playing on scooters and big wheels and mini golf carts, while the little one is taking her morning nap.

I'm in such a happy mood today, drinking in the clear blue skies and brilliant sunshine. Livs was awake at 6:30 this morning with a stinky diaper so I changed her and warmed her a bottle of milk and we sat in the dark, quiet house together watching the morning arrive slowly around us. I snuggled my babe and thought about my little sis, freshly home from the hospital with a 3 day old daughter of her own. I wondered if she was awake and nursing her babe right then, if her house was quiet and still except for the pair of them, nestled up together. I smiled thinking about them and that amazing bond infants and mothers share. And I kissed my 1 year old girl's soft fluffy head over and over, thinking that a toddler's grip on her mother's heart is just as powerful. This gift of motherhood is stunning to me. I love it.

Congrats to Heidi and Ben and their gorgeous little Sadie. It is my plan to meet her very, very soon. Maybe on my birthday? Vegas is only a short drive away from here...

As luck would have it, I also have a brand new nephew--born yesterday to Tommy and Jess. I am anxious to meet baby Jack when I am back in town...

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Way to bring me to tears sis. Love my angel baby.

I was just wondering about Jess- looks like you've got double family birthdays after all.

Pugsley said...

Hi Care. Happy Birthaday! I'm going to be by your parents' today for a baptism and wondered if you'd be there--so I checked your blog for clues. Hope you're having fun in SG--still a little chilly here. Love you, Al

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Carrie! Hope you have a great day with your family in the sunny weather!

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to joining you there (for longer than 20 hours),hold on to that good weather for me. Those babies are precious.