Friday, June 26, 2009

Yesterday

...I finished reading The Art of Racing in the Rain. I liked it--made me think about parallels in my own life (as any good book should). But I won't say too much more--the LeBaron women are having a little book club about it during our family vaca in a few weeks so I will save my profound insights for our discussion...and they will be profound--don't you worry :)

...I got my hair cut. Short. And it still feels funny to catch my reflection and remember how short it is. But I needed a change.

...I had Five Guys Burger and Fries for lunch and homemade lasagna for dinner. Both meals were equally delicious.

...I met my sister at Costco where I only spent $62.00. I am still amazed at my restraint...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing your hair today...so fresh and fun and cute on you!

Thanks for meeting me at Costco. I only spent $177 so that was also some serious restraint for me! I usually can't get out of there without spending $300-400!

Is it really raining again outside? I feel like we live in Washington.

Bobbi said...

Carrie, you look cute with the new hairdo. Please go back and read my comment from Father's Day, even though it is posted as coming from Bobbi. I love you and Joseph and your kids. Thanks for sharing your life with us.
Dad

Heidi said...

Cuuuuute short hair! Love it.

Thanks for having Max over for a playdate today!

Krista said...

Wow! Your hair is short. It looks great. Really you can pull off any hairstyle...and I can't believe you already finished the book! Read guernsey now...do I need to give you the audio?

Bobbi said...

Love your hair, Care! Thanks for the play date today and the yummy lunch for Max and me. (From the real Bobbi/Mom)

ba and the boys said...

cant wait to see your new hair!

Mariposa said...

am loving haircut. nothing like just having a baby to make you want to change your hair. i have an appt. of my own next mon.

am 1/2 way thru art of racing....am at sad part and can't move on. need to wait until hormones subside.... can't wait to discuss!