Sunday, June 21, 2009

Remembering

For Father's Day this year I made my hubby a slideshow of all my favorite pictures of him with our kids. Naturally, it spanned the last 5 years, starting with the day our little Bentley was born. It made me so happy to sort through old photos this past week--and it was especially rewarding to see, over and over again with each child, how happy my Joseph is as a dad. He is truly in his element when hanging out with our babes.

with baby Bentley

showing Bentley his new sis Caroline

with baby Olivia

As we watched the movie as a little family today I thought about how lucky my kids are to have such a loving, happy and protective father--how important and beautiful that is for them. And how lucky I am to have the same thing. I love my dad--have always loved my dad. I needed him for all the tickle wars and buckin' bronco rides, for early mornings on glassy lakes, for father's blessings, for easing my fears in the ER when little Bentley got stitches, for standing with my husband and blessing my children, for saying his vote counts as 7, for sharing his love of classical music and playing it often when riding in the car with him, for being so very smart and fixing all medical woes, for being an amazing example of obedience.




Happy Father's Day


5 comments:

Krista said...

what a great father's day idea. I love that you took a pic of all the kids at story time too with Kai, on the post below. You guys are the best.

Heidi said...

Beany reminds me of Max in that photo of him sitting on dad's lap in LP- just sweet little blonde baby boy heads!

The role of the father is so important and beautiful. The balance to the role of the mother, I love the Plan.

Anonymous said...

The slideshow idea is a really good one! I am not good about getting pictures of Chad because most of the pictures I take are just during the day and he isn't around!

Happy Father's Day to Joe!

Bobbi said...

Love the pictures! Joseph is a great dad, full of fun and energy to spend on his kids. Love the photos of Sherm, too! He is turning into the cutest, sweet grandpa.

Bobbi said...

Thanks for reminding me of how sweet it is to be a father, especially of a girl like you, and a grandfather, especially of kids like Olivia, Caroline, and Bentley. I just now read your Father's Day blog, and I'm sad to think that I missed your wonderful message for that day until now. I love you and your family and the role of fatherhood, all of which Bobbi made possible for me.