Monday, June 15, 2009

Stuff

It has been a slow blogging week. We keep making plans for outdoor fun and then the rain keeps delaying them. So, instead of mini-golf this weekend we ended up cleaning out and organizing our garage--soooo much fun right? The kids were good sports and kept busy by jumping around on old cardboard boxes and riding their bikes--but only inside the garage since it was pouring rain the entire time we worked. It was pretty exciting to be out there during the crazy thunder and lightning--Cares ended up snuggled in a big fleece blanket on one of our camping chairs just watching the rain (both Joseph and I took turns snuggling her on our laps--she felt so little and comfy.)

This past week the kids were full of classic sayings:

1) Cares talking to herself in the bathroom after using the potty: "One tiny girl can do such a big poop!"

2) When we left the house the other day I forgot something and turned around to get it. Bentley asked me what we were doing and I told him I needed to go back because I just wasn't "thinking straight." He replied "yeah--you were just thinking twisty huh?"

3) Bentley was thinking to himself for a bit yesterday and then said "Do you know what is so funny? Sometimes when I say "what did you say?" people say right back to me "what did you say?"" (I think by "people" Bentley means his uncle Ben. Love that he is just now figuring that one out :)

Finally, some pictures:

Bentley made me this necklace while I was at a wedding shower on Saturday

Little buddies

Olivia's newest trick is to spin around 90 to 180 degrees while under her play gym
(I'll have to get a good picture of it one of these days)

She is such a little lady and loves to cling to her dresses

Cares playing puppy with my slippers
(yep--we were wearing them off and on all last week...in June...)

What is that face I am making?! So random...but I wanted to document all the hail we got at our house on Tuesday evening--it looked like snow in our backyard!


6 comments:

Heidi said...

What did you say?? ha ha I will have to tell Ben about that.

Kid quotes are the best.

Beans and Olivia looks like such siblings in that photo of them together!

Katherine said...

I really can't believe the rain you've been getting. I can't ever remember a rainier June!
That little cooking accessory set is made by Sassafras. I'm not sure exactly what store it came from. I'll bet you could google it though.
Hopefully July will be better weather so we can play! See you then...

Bobbi said...

HaHa that Bean added up the "What did you say?" lines from Ben. I should try that with him. Cute pics of kids! And crazy hail--did it wreck your flowers?

Carrie said...

Mom--yes it did wreck my flowers--especially my white roses! They look so flattened out, like a giant foot came along and stepped right on them, and tons of petals fell off. So sad!

Krista said...

I love all the conversations with your kids. I think it's awesome to document them because I always forget like two days later what my kids said that was funny.

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures and the quotes! And I can't believe you had that much hail at your house...crazy weather!
Can Olivia really move around the playgym? She is going to be getting around before her chubby cousin :-).