Friday, June 19, 2009

Lagoon 09

We went to Lagoon yesterday...I am such a sucker. Last summer I was miserable there and kept thinking "why in the world am I here?" And yet this summer rolled around and Costco had discounted tickets and I was suddenly excited to head up there again. We had plans to go last week but the rain delayed us. Luckily, Grandma Bobbi was still available to take our Olivia so we could go play with just Bentley and Caroline.

And we had a great time. Joseph was loving the 73 degree weather, Bentley fell in love with the Tidal Wave, Caroline (who didn't love Tidal Wave...at all...) loved the hot pink plush monkey we won playing games and I was just thrilled to not be pregnant. Seriously, it made my day over and over again...no horrific smells, no nausea, no exhaustion. Lagoon is so much fun when you feel good!

Joseph and I especially enjoyed having a special day with just the big kids. We talked and talked, and held hands--all 4 of us in a row--snuggled close on rides, ate lots of yummy treats and laughed and laughed and laughed. We went on a new ride called Jumping Dragon over in the kid zone and Bentley and I could not stop laughing together as it spun faster and faster--one of my favorite memories from the day...

That and Cares in her swimsuit--and only her swimsuit!









4 comments:

Bobbi said...

Perfect weather, loving parents,and happy kids--a great combination! So glad you had fun together. Livvie was an angel for us, we loved having her all to ourselves!

Heidi said...

There is only one Lagoon! Glad you had a much better time this year. Did you guys get corn in Pioneer Village? That was my favorite always.

Krista said...

fun guys. I think that your kids are at really fun ages for the rides now too. I love how much you laughed. I'll have to check out that ride. I think you are a stronger woman than me though on some of those rides.

Anonymous said...

I really need to take my kids up there this summer. Want to go back :-)?