Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gray Day

Today it is stormy and wet wet wet. Again. As it has been for almost a week straight now. Boring. Where is summer? Also, my kids have been running fevers off and on and my poor hubby has been hit hard with a wicked cold. I am now completely exhausted from 3 restless nights in a row due to the sickies and also Olivia's newly scheduled 3:00 am poo. Seriously? In the middle of the night? She had been sleeping for about a 10 or 11 hour stretch at night and now the pooing--it has swooped in and ruined all our progress.

I went to the dentist at 8:00 am yesterday morning and I actually enjoyed laying there in the chair. Yes, the hygienist was cleaning and scraping and flossing my teeth and I was just happy to lay back and close my eyes. If I hadn't had to keep my mouth open I am sure I would have fallen fast asleep. Hmmmmm, sleep--how I have missed our love affair over the past few months (just about 4 to be exact :)

On a totally unrelated note, here are some fun pics from Joe's iPhone last month:

Mid haircut at Nanny's 2 weeks ago. He's totally rockin' that mohawk--what a cutie.


Crazy posers as always

Celebrating Bentley's preschool graduation


I just painted Caroline's nails a bright happy yellow. And mine a citrus orange. We'll bring on the summer any way we can.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess what? The polish that we picked out didn't even make it into our purchases! I think Maddie set it down when she was looking at the Polly Princesses in the checkout lane. Bummer. Guess we will have to go back again.
Thanks for meeting us today. Gotta love being rained in at Target for two hours!

Krista said...

nothing like an early morning poop to get your day started. Oh. You remind me why it's hard to have a tiny one in regards to sleep. :)
I need to get some fabric. Should we meet up at that cute fabric store around you? maybe tomorrow?

Heidi said...

It has been cloudy here too but no rain- I wish!

3 a.m. poos- that is no good yet slightly hilarious. Olivia and her scheduled poos make me laugh. I hope you get back to your pre baby sleep schedule soon.

I want to paint my nails orange with you guys!

Bobbi said...

Happy pictures! They make it look like it is summer, anyway (especially the cheery polish colors). Too bad about the untimely poos--she's making up for all those months of "once a week" I guess. Ahhh, sleep...I have slept in the dentist chair with my mouth open! Those new baby months are wearing, for sure. Come over to my house and I will watch the kids while you sleep!

ba and the boys said...

im so there with you about the rain. a little rain and you think, well it will be nice in august when we are brown and dry. but seriously-this much rain is bumming me out!
the 3am poo is hysterical! at least she is regular!