Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Starting to Celebrate


On Sunday night we celebrated Christmas at my in-laws house (it's their "off" year and most of their kids will be spending the holiday with spouse's families--you know the drill...) We gathered to eat a Christmas feast, sing carols while all the children danced and bounced around, and exchange gifts between cousins and siblings.

two cousins who adore each other--and feed off each other's incredible energy :)

one dancing princess rocking to Jingle Bells

Bean and his uncle Bob

4 silly boys who hate to hold still (unless they are the oldest and get to wrangle a wiggly baby)

3 pretty girls who fell in love with their new nightgowns from Nanny

Cares opening her gift from miss Sisi--she got magnetic Polly Pockets and we have really been having fun with them (that's right--we. I think they are the coolest :)

Krista showing off her gift from Joseph--an Edward charm necklace. OK, so he did give her a real gift too (the movie Mama Mia and some comfy lounge socks) but we couldn't resist being totally dirty and gifting her this beauty. At least she'll have something kitsch to wear when we go see the movie New Moon next year...hopefully on premiere night...

Seth in his new BYU baseball cap from yours truly. I wasn't very original this year but Mary told me he was in need of a new hat ( I think his old one had long since passed its prime...)

We took a bunch of other pics that didn't really turn out (aka--we took them from bad angles and let's just say, I am not willing to post pics that accentuate this rapidly growing belly of mine...) So, even though I don't have a lovely picture, I did get a great handbag from my brother-in-law which will work as a diaper bag quite nicely. And Joseph received a fun gift from his big sis who made him a "Dad Bag" filled with fun activities for Joseph and the kids to do together (wooden airplanes, a whoopi cushion, piano music for Daddy-themed songs, a ballon helicopter, chewing gum, etc...) They are all very excited to put it to use.


3 comments:

Heidi said...

ha ha that charm is classic.

Anonymous said...

Krista's necklace turned out AWESOME! I have Edward envy...tee hee.

And those pjs that Ruth Ann (and Lucy) made? Crazy how talented they are!

Krista said...

Yes, my necklace IS AWESOME! I actually should have been kissing it in my pic don't you think!?
Thanks for being the first to give me Mamma Mia too!! Yay!