Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve

Cuddling my curly haired Cares

the grandchildren dressed-up for the nativity

Cec, Ethan, Will and Marsh

Tye, Stacey and Maddie (don't worry--my brother just had my dad remove a few moles from his face while he was in town)

Cares and Grandma Bobbi

Bentley's new light sabor...and so the Star Wars obsession begins...

As of last week, my hair is really blonde. Figured I'd try to blend in with the girls in my family a little more :)

Later in the evening the kids worked on Bentley's tracing kit from his Horsley cousins.

After eating a quick dinner, dressing up the kids and reading from Luke 2, watching the DVD Cec and I made for everyone from our trip to Hawaii last January, exchanging cousin gifts and finally opening gifts from Grandma and Grandpa, the night grew late and we headed for home around 9:30 pm. When we walked in the door of our house, Beans and Cares set out their stockings before climbing into bed. Sweet Bentley took one look at his stocking all ready and waiting and just started bouncing around the family room with the biggest grin on his face. And then he yelled out "Cares! It's Christmas Eve!" Gotta love kids this time of year :)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you blonde or brunette. You are beautiful as both!

Such a fun evening! The kids are super cute in the nativity and I can't wait to see it next year with Max, my little boy, your little one, and maybe little ones from Tye and Stacey and even Heidi and Ben (who knows but we can keep our fingers crossed)! So glad Bean likes the car tracing kit...we thought it would be perfect for him.

Maggie said...

Way cute pictures. They are so cute. I love the excitement that kids bring to Christmas!

HayesFamily said...

Carrie-
You blondified! I like it! I'm glad you had a great Christmas. We did too. Missed you, though. Hey, Cannon's way in to Star Wars as well. Only he's never watched most of it. I need your opinion..are they too young to handle it? Also, can you make room for me in your social life when I move back to SL? I want to hang out with you and our 6 little ones (total) a lot! (I'm worried with 3 I wont be doing much hanging out at all!) By the way, Ange and I are cooking up a that celebration plan next fall maybe (you know, a trip~!) we need your input!
-Heath

Heidi said...

I can totally picture Beans saying that on christmas eve! Cute nativity kids and cute you! Although you are a gorgeous brunette too. Did Cares love her new doll house? Wish I could have been there!

ba and the boys said...

christmas with kids makes it the best!! merry christmas lebaron family! (a little late)

ba and the boys said...

christmas with kids makes it the best!! merry christmas lebaron family! (a little late)