Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let It Snow



We've spent the past 2 days out in the snow--that's right, we. On Monday, I thought I'd shovel the driveway before Joseph came home from work. The kids and I got right to work--and they were very good helpers. Except for the many, many times Bentley tossed his shovel full of snow into the garage, onto the Acura parked there, onto my boots, into the spaces I had just cleared, and at Cares (this only happened once--because he got in big trouble for that move...) Even so, it was fun to have company while I worked and even more fun to watch my kids enjoy the snow--they kept diving into it face first, making snow angels all over the front yard, and trudging around leaving their tracks in the powder.

When we woke up today, the first thing the kids asked me was "when can we play outside?" And so, they headed out again. This time I took advantage of the empty house for 20 minutes or so and worked on Christmas projects with impending deadlines before joining them in the snow. We tried to build some snowmen and snow babies but the snow was just too soft and didn't want to stick together. Gotta love that Utah powder!

Cares' works with her "tiny shovel" and I love it--she is so determined to be helpful


When we came inside I whipped up some tasty hot chocolate for the 3 of us. And then I had to snap some shots of the children's adorably rosy faces. I love the line across Bean's forehead where the cold air hit between his hat and goggles. And then Cares' cheeks were just too sweet and red--I had to kiss them about 10 times :)


Oh, and for future reference, my kids don't like hot chocolate. They love chocolate milk but not this thing I kept calling "cocoa." They do, however, adore marshmallows...

6 comments:

Bobbi said...

Love those little helpers--and the rosy cheeks are irresistible! What a good mom to play with them. How can one not like hot cocoa? Especially after snow? Fun, fun pics.

Heidi said...

Cute little red faces! Fun to have such enthusiastic helpers. If only they would remain that way when they are teens right? Who doesn't like hot cocoa?!!

Em said...

I just love the snow! I hope your pregnancy is going well.

Maggie said...

I love the snow and also the super cute jammie pictures. They are adorable.

Anonymous said...

They don't like cocoa? I am shocked! They do look so cute with their rosy cheeks and their comfy clothes. Snow time is so fun!

Krista said...

I love it! I had no desire to get out there with Kai and Sisi. Am I a bad mom? I dressed sisi up and pushed her out the door when Johnny was shoveling but she was back after 5 minutes. loved the pics and the hot cocoa bit too.