Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Day


What we found outside when we woke up:


The white Christmas we ordered certainly delivered...maybe too much. Seems like my husband was shoveling off and on all day (ahhhh--thank goodness I am married to such a hard-working, strong man!) In the late morning we headed out into the snowy streets to drive over to my in-laws' house. It was pretty slow going until we reached the 215 loop and then suddenly, smooth sailing--that's because there wasn't any new snow over there at all! Anyway, we spent a few hours eating a delicious Christmas brunch, opening gifts, and watching the little ones enjoy their new coloring supplies from Nanny and Grandpa.

Bentley found his stocking full of goodies right around 7:00 am--that boy's internal clock is always right on schedule

Enjoying some new prizes from Santa (while Caresie slept soundly on...)

At 9:00 am, Joseph, Bentley and I finally decided to wake our little miss. We all climbed into her bed and snuggled together for a few minutes--I think it was my favorite part of the entire day :)

Over at Nanny's house

Our snow-shoveling machine. Thanks babe!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were seriously dumped on with snow! And I love the icicles hanging from your roof!

Isn't Christmas so fun with those little ones? The idea of snuggling with a sleepy little one before they are awake is wonderful. Too bad my kids were ready to go before we were...but at least they didn't get out of bed until 8.

Justin said...

Wow! 9am- that's a great little sleeper! I love watching kids discover new presents and I also love snuggling in bed with Gracie except for when she's kicking instead of snuggling.

Justin said...

Oh, and Justin is really Maggie.

Heidi said...

I love picturing all four (five) of you cuddled in bed together- sound perfect!

ba and the boys said...

we had to have our neighbor snowblow a path for our car christmas day! this is craziness!