Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Now I Feel Ready


My laptop's iTunes and car radio have been playing Christmas carols for about 3 weeks now. And I have been preparing and gathering and shopping since October. But, now that my home looks and feels and smells like Christmas, I am really ready to celebrate--to revel in all that the holidays represent.

During the past few days, I have been contemplating the birth and life of my Savior with more gratitude, more faith and many small prayers to my Heavenly Father throughout the day. I am in need of His love and grace more than ever right now--and in very real need of those blessings for so many around me. I would be lost without His gospel and the truth it brings to my life. What a beautiful gift this Christmas season is.

On Monday night we decorated our home for family home evening:

draping garlands on the staircase

trimming the tree


rediscovering our Christmas book collection

which Caroline totally loved...

taking a silly family picture via the timer

photographing tree ornaments (a very addicting pursuit--aren't Christmas trees stunning?)


6 comments:

Heidi said...

Also, now your blog is all Christmasy so you really are ready for the season ;-). I bet Bean and Cares loved helping decorate and read "new" books. The glow of Christmas lights in the home is so magical. I love this season. I love the Savior and celebrating his life. How sad I would be in this life if I didn't know of his love!

Krista said...

everything looks great! we're getting there but then I have creative brain meltdown where I don't know how to decorate an area...and of course it can't be the same as last year because that would be too easy for me!

Anonymous said...

So festive! I love how I am passing the joy of decorating on to my children. They love pulling out the books, the movies, and the ornaments and it brings back memories of us doing that when we were growing up.

I am also grateful for a Savior who knows me and loves me. I am grateful for my knowledge that I am a child of God and that I have a divine purpose and destiny. I wish everyone could experience the peace that comes from that knowledge...

Bobbi said...

It is sweet to see that the happy traditions of decorating and reading and sharing the joy of this season are being passed to the next generation. And to know of your faith is comforting and reassuring. The house looks beautiful.

ba and the boys said...

love love love the photo of bently on top of his daddy! great facial expression!

Maggie said...

Beautiful. I love decorating for Christmas (even though we have not done that yet). Gracie has been asking about Cares. I'm glad they got to play while we were there.