Friday, June 20, 2008

Too Long

How do I let it happen--the time lapse between getting together with old friends? I hate that I almost always think about calling someone I miss at some crazy hour of the day (and always a very late, late hour). I tell myself to just remember to do it in the morning but when a day new arrives, the thought completely alludes me and it is another week or two or even a month before the idea hits me again--and at midnight or later, of course. My brain is not what it once was--of that I am certain (like Krista has mentioned, this whole motherhood thing has frazzled me some :)

Well, I finally had an impulse to call an old friend as I drove Joe's car home from Cafe Rio last Friday and so I did--right then and there. And--we got together the next day! Hurray--we had arranged and canceled plans a few times already this year. And so, last weekend, we enjoyed a lovely evening with our friends Tony and Dorothy and their beautiful children.

Joseph and I met Dorothy during our first year living in Phoenix when she started taking the missionary discussions. She had met a darling boy a few years earlier and soon after, he left on a mission. Dorothy decided to learn more about the church for herself and Joseph and I got to spend a lot of time with her, before and after her baptism. The first time I met Dorothy I knew I would like her. She was so easy to get along with, very friendly and had the most gorgeous smile. I loved being a part of her conversion and sharing my testimony with her whenever she had questions. Anyway, after her baptism, Dorothy introduced us to her newly returned missionary, Tony. And the rest is history.

Here are some old pics from our Phoenix days:
Phoenix, 2002, when Dorothy first introduced us to Tony
(he was living in Utah and had come to visit)
Later that year at Temple Square while we were all in town

And at our house last weekend:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dorothy and Tony look great and their kids are adorable! What a blessing to still have their friendship, even when you go too long without contact. Way to act on an impulse.

Heidi said...

Whoa they already have kids! I remember them from your AZ days. Where in Utah do they live?

Bobbi said...

Keeping in touch with old friends is hard to do, but so worth it. How fun that you got to be with them again. I can't believe that they have 2 kids already--time has flown! I remember meeting them here at our home when you came up for Christmas and they were dating. They are still a beautiful couple and have such darling kids!

Maggie said...

Cute pics. I love getting together with old friends.

Kristin Sokol said...

First off, your friends are georgeous. They should be on and LL Bean catalog or something.

I also find myself wanting to call old friends at odd and impossible times. Another reason Blogging is the best. I can catch up whenever, if they have one that is.

I also think about calling you at odd times since I am your poor excuse for a VT. Just so you know I am thinking about you.

We need to get our little girlies together to play. I bet they'd have fun.

Love your blog by the way! I just don't get why everyone doesn't have one. We should force them, but I guess that's Satans plan.

Heidi said...

Speaking of keeping in touch with old friends....I think we are over due ;)!!!!

HayesFamily said...

Carrie-
Love your blog as usual! I need to call you and talk sometime. I miss you! If we move back to SL next year we better hang out alot!
Love ya,
Heather