Thursday, June 26, 2008

In My Opinion


Sometimes I think that people really want to hear what I have to say. OK, I retract that and in place of it say that usually I think that people really want to hear what I have to say. Thanks goodness for blogging and getting it out of my system right? Anyway, I would just LOVE to be a judge on SYTYCD. Wouldn't that be so fulfilling to share your opinion on all those dances and dancers with the whole world (or, just the several million people who watch?) Maybe it's just me but I feel like I have so much to say about every piece! And I would never, ever use the word "routine" because it is for gymnasts and cheerleaders solely and certainly NOT for real dancing. Sheesh--why doesn't Nigel know that already?! I squirm every time they use it. I can be such an elitist!

Well, I could go on and on, but for now I want to say that last night's show was really good. It started out very strong, then the middle kind of bored me...for a while, and then the ending was like the perfect 4th of July fireworks show (see, I already have my kitschy "judge-like" comparisons all figured out :) Honestly, those last 2 pieces of the show were stellar. I loved them both and had to watch them over and over before I felt like I'd had my fill. I am rooting for Chelsea and Mark because Chelsea is really the only girl I love to watch. And she and Mark are just on fire when they dance together--they really have such solid commitment to their movement as well as a passionate connection to each other. And then there are my fave boys: Twitch, Will and Joshua. There is something so sexy about a man who is strong and tough and an awesome hip-hop dancer but also a graceful, toned down and sincere mover in modern or ballroom choreography. I'm loving both sides to those boys in ALL that they have done so far. So yeah--these are my opinions. I feel much better after sharing them here with the world (or my 5 blog readers...)




and remember this one from the first episode? I heart Mia Michaels. I wish I could choreograph the way she does--my body simply yearns to move in the way these dancers do. I am feeling a serious urge to take a technique class...



Last of all, my predictions: I think that Thayne and Chelsea, Chris and Comfort, and Kortney and Matt will be in the bottom 3 (well, that's who I'd like to see in the bottom 3). I think Kortney and Matt will go home since they'd probably like to keep Comfort around since she is the only hip-hop girl on the show and the judges love Chelsea and want to give her one more shot. We'll see right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I know we have been over all of this already but I am with you 100%. The last two numbers were a.m.a.z.i.n.g.
I seriously get so excited on Wednesdays knowing my favorite show is on.

Krista said...

oh, oh, oh. I love that you posted!! I'm also so lucky that we got to come over and I could see the last two dances (and of course hang out with you guys)! I can't believe that I missed the two best ones for home teachers..I better be blessed for letting them in!
I love to hear your thoughts too.
I watched the bleeding love one twice already. I love that one.
I'm wondering if you are teaching Joseph the "dance" moves NOT ROUTINE. :) That is such a powerful dance.
Thanks for posting. No pressure but it is fun to hear what your faves were and who you like and don't.

Heather said...

Carrie! I am totally addicted as well although I feel you are a bit more passionate about it than I am. My absolute favorite boy is Joshua! But he is followed close behind by Twitch and Will. As for the girls I am not extremly attached to any of them. I recored everything on my Tivo and then I watch the dances I love when ever I want. We'll have to stay in touch as the season goes on!

HayesFamily said...

Care-
Love checkin out your blog! I need to start watching SYTYCD. I hear it's awesome. I started watching the Bachelorette after two or three different people told me the Jason guy reminded them of Harland. Funny, huh? I miss you! Hope you're having a FUN summer. Sounds fun to have a little girl that you can put in sundresses and leggings!
-Heath