Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer Boating

On Thursday evening we had dinner at my parent's house and then hit the lake--not an unusual thing in June right? Well, the only unusual thing about it was that it was COLD! And I'm not even talking about the water temp (a nice balmy 50 degrees) but the crisp canyon air--freezing! The evening itself was gorgeous and the lake perfectly deserted since everyone else seemed to have some sanity about boating on such a cold day.
We actually had a great time up there--my kids are in love with their life jackets so they were thrilled with an excuse to wear them (that seems a little unnatural right? I hated wearing a life jacket as a kid...) And Bentley really loved how fast Grandpa Sherm's boat went--even as the air froze our little noses while speeding along :) Of course Marsh was a trooper and braved the cold water for some PT (aka physical training--see, my Marine lingo is developing quite rapidly...) in the form of water-skiing. I am itching to go myself but not that bad...I prefer to wait for perfect circumstances because I am a very spoiled skier (blame it on Lake Powell which has made me too picky for hot air, warm water, and perfect glass). Getting out on the boat reminded me how much I love, love, love summer. I'm glad it is finally here!
Seriously, this little girl is one darling babe and such a tiny dancer! I love her.

5 comments:

Camille said...

So fun! We love summer time! How cute are you in that hat :)
I think our little girls might have alot in common!I think she pretty darling and she loves to dance! We should get them together and play!

Bobbi said...

Other than the cold, it was a great evening! The kids will love Powell, and I was glad to see Marsh get some ski time since he will miss LP this year...and next. Cute pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

How did you catch Caroline in that perfect dancing pose with the sunlight in her hair? LOVE IT! I amazed that Marsh braved the 50 degree water...we were freezing in the LP water and it was 64!

Maggie said...

Looks like you have been having tons of fun. It was nice to be able to catch up on what you've been up to. Cute pics.

Heidi said...

Looks like a beautiful evening. I am a picky skier too, even though I am not as good as you. Cares hair is looking very long. Love the last pic of her. HUrray for summer!